Thursday, October 18, 2007

Happy Birthday Cody !!!!!!!!!!

Today is my oldest son's birthday, he is turning 8. 8 !!! I can not believe I have an 8 year old son. I am super proud of him. He is a sweet boy, with a big heart. He is my oldest, so for some reason (unfairly) I seem to expect the most from him. He definitely lives up to my expectations. He is a very smart, inquisitive, imaginative, and a joy to have a round. I love him with all my heart.
Before I had children I could not have imagined loving someone so much. Cody makes me proud everyday, and now I can barely remember life before him. He (as well as all my children) are the greatest gifts sent directly from God.

When I was pregnant with him, I was so scared. I had never been around babies before. I had no idea what I was going to do with him. "Was I going to hold him right ?"," Was I going to feed him right ?", I had all these questions. Then, I had him, and he was the most beautiful, precious thing I had ever laid eyes on. There weren't anymore questions. I knew I would be able to take good care of him because I loved him so much. When he was born I promised to love him always no matter what, to be by him, to support him, to encourage him, and to be the best mom I could be. Some days I do better at my promises than other, but I always, always love him and want the very best for him.

Cody, I love you so much. Thank you for making me so proud and bringing so much happiness in my life. Without you, my life could never be complete. Happy birthday, Baby.
I know other people write a lot better than I do, and are better at expressing their feelings in their writings, but that does not mean I do not love you just as much.

I LOVE YOU !!!!


So we had Cody's family party tonight. I tried so hard to do all the things he asked. We had pizza, Reese's snack bars for his cake, fudge brownie ice cream and sweet tea. He opened his presents which he seemed to enjoy, we ate dinner, then the cake and ice cream. When, I went to get the candles (in which I have a ton, somewhere), the only one I can find is the #7. No good, he is 8. So my poor neglected son, has to get another brilliant Mommy idea. He got to blow out 8 matches. What a lucky son I have. He gets to blow out matches on his dessert bar cake. Oh well, I tried. He seemed like he really liked everything else. Maybe next year I will find the real candles.

Do not feel to bad for Cody, he still has a friend party to get a chance to blow out candles. But do feel sorry for me, because there will 11 children spending the night. Oh boy, I can not wait.

Happy Birthday Cody !!!!! Mommy Loves You !!!!!!!

2 comments:

Beth said...

Happy Birthday Cody!

I can't wait to hear stories and see pictures of the giant sleepover at Jennwa's house!!

Pam said...

Way to think on your feet with the matches!

Happy Birthday, Cody!