Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Kid Craft- Octopus


I was thinking I would use my blog to post simple crafts people can do with their kids. Normally, I just complain or brag about my kids on my posts. This way my blog would have a purpose for others to come and look at it. Then maybe I can sneak in my complaints and brags for others to read.

My first craft is really simple and cute. It is an octopus. You could also make it Henry the Octopus from the Wiggles.

You will need a toilet paper roll and makers or crayons. I also used round stickers and those white round stickers that you use when the whole in your notebook paper gets torn ( I am sorry I do not know their official name. I am sure it is something simple, but I do not know it.)

Steps:

1. Cut slits up the toilet paper roll about an inch and 1/2 long evenly spaced all the way around.
2. Color face on the top of toilet paper roll. I used sticker for eyes. You could also use wiggly eyes too.
3. Take maker or crayon and curl the slits upward to make arms.
4. Use notebook repair stickers for tentacles.

To make it Henry, you can color him purple or wrap a piece purple construction paper around him first.
As I was writing this, my daughter said you could also make that in to a ghost. Wrap with white paper first.
















Stay tuned for Thanksgiving crafts coming soon.

2 comments:

Beth said...

Next time my kids get bored we are making these! Good way to use up all the toilet paper rolls I have been saving up for crafts.

GiftGuru said...

Cute Octopus! I think my kids will love these. Thanks!

Kids Crafts