Saturday, October 6, 2007

Rain Gutter Regatta




Today was my oldest son's boy scout rain gutter regatta. Before a few week ago I had no idea what it was, which is no surprise since I am pretty much in the dark about most things. Anyway, we had so much fun. The people who organized it did a great job. First, there were the races with great trophies and ribbons. Cody received a ribbon for participating. Now that we know what to expect, watch out next year ,my husband already has big plans for Cody's boat. There was a ton of good food like hot dogs, chicken stew, salad ,chips and tons of desserts in which I ate too much. There were games such as mummy wrapping, doughnuts hanging from a string, tug of war, cookie decorating, all with prizes. Then, lastly there was a hay ride through the woods and a haunted walk. We were there for over 5 hours and had a great time.
I love the boy scouts and I am very proud that my son and husband are a part of it.

1 comment:

Beth said...

That sounds really cool! I can't wait until Peter is old enough to join the scouts!

Maybe we can be den moms together!