Saturday, December 1, 2007

100 Things About Me

So it seems in the blogging world on the 100 th post you are suppose to write 100 things about yourself.
Well this should be pretty easy because I like any excuse to talk about myself. So here it goes:

1. I have 4 kids and have been married for nine years. My kids are 2,4,6, and 8. I am done having kids, I am at my limit.

2. We were married in December and I became pregnant in January. And yes the months added up right .

3. I married my boss. Oh boy! That sounds bad.

4. I grew up in Maryland.

5. Then I lived in Georgia for about 7 years.

6. We then moved to Helena, MT for 2 year 1/2 years and then Bozeman, Mt for 2 1/2 years . And only went skiing 1 time. But I did go snowmobiling and that was great.

7. In 9 years I have lived in 8 houses. Yes, a lot of moving around.

8. I went to 3 different colleges and still didn't get a degree. I could never figure out what I wanted to be. I guess it was to be a mom, and there isn't a degree for that.

9. In 18 years (oh no, I can not believe I have been driving that long) , I have owned 13 cars. My favorite was my corvette. Those days are over with 4 kids. Believe it or not my husband has owned more. I guess we share a love for cars. How sad.

10. I have 3 dogs. Doberman, Dachsund and a Chihuahua.

11. I love loud music and talk radio.

12. I am a news junky.

13. I like politics, although I rarely discuss it with anyone else but my husband.

14. I think I have O.C.D. , Obsessive Compulsive Disorder . I like things a certain way, and I feel out of sorts when things are out of order. Even though it may not look like order to anyone else.

15. I like to exercise.

16. I am cheap.

17. This goes with the one above. My husband colors my hair, and no, he is by no means a hair colorist. But he does an o k job and it saves us a lot of money.

18. We got married and honeymooned in Whitefish, Montana.

19. I am an only child.

20. My favorite food is cheese pizza.

21. I was a manicurist for about 4 years or maybe longer. Hated it.

22. I am addicted to blogging.

23. I love TV.

24. I hate to cook.

25. I love doing crafts with my kids, but I have no REAL artistic abilities.

26. I know I talk to much about my kids.

27. Actually, I talk too much about everything. I have had a lot of teacher's note to prove it.

28. I love The United States. I think it is sad when people do not appreciate all our freedoms.

29. I am an air head. And I am o.k. with it.

30. I obsess about my weight.

31. I love decorating and decorating shows. You could never tell by my house.

32. My favorite show is the "The Biggest Loser."

33. I hate surprises.

34. My hair has been dyed since the 7 th grade. I used Sun-In the first time. Big mistake.

35. I hate cleaning toilets or any part of the bathroom for that matter.

36. I am not shy, and never have been. I am one of those people that give out to much info.

37. I love a clean house. I tend to obsess about that too.

38. I love Scooby Doo cartoons.

39. I played the flute in 4th and 5 th grade.

40. Took Latin in middle school, Spanish in high school and French in college. And I still can only speak English, except from what I learn from Dora.

41. I married my husband after knowing him for only 9 months.

42. I do believe in love at first sight. I didn't before I met my husband.

43. I love Yellowstone National Park. I think it is the most incredible place.

44. I love being a stay at home Mom.

45. I kill all plants. I have a dark brown thumb.

46. I love Mexican food. Although it does not always love me.

47. I love good quotes.

48. I love hot showers.

49. I have been in an earthquake.

50. I have had an array of jobs. Tanning salon receptionist , video store clerk, manicurist, convenience store clerk, veterinarian technician, and Geico customer service.

51. I still think I will be able to wear a bikini one day.

52. I like to wear make up, but hate to fix my hair. As you can tell by my pictures.

53. I had many majors in college. Psychology, Sociology, History, English, and Pre-vet. And I am still dumb as a stump, but I always got good grades.

53. All my kids middle names have to do with water.

54. I was never I teacher, but I think I would make a good kindergarten teacher.

55. I wish I was a better writer.

56. I want to open my own successful business some day.

57. I have only traveled in the U.S. and Canada.

58. I change my mind a lot. Just ask my husband.

59. I am a terible speler. Thank godness for spell chek.

60. I do not iron.

61. I love to look at photographs. I hope some day to learn a lot more about photography.

62. This is harder than I thought. I feel like I am writing a really long dating ad.

63. When I was growing up my grandmother worked at a funeral home and I use to sit at work with her. And I always wanted to see the dead people. Yes, very weird.

64. Growing up we went camping a lot in West Virginia.

65. I have only been in the hospital for giving birth to my kids. Knock on wood.

66. I had braces and my teeth are still not straight. I hated my retainer, but I am glad I had braces, because I had a terrible overbite.

67. I hate to be cold.

68. I miss seeing the mountains.

69. I love chocolate.

70. I like football. I am a Green Bay Packer fan.

71. I stink at sports.

72. I like Fox news.

73. I love fires.

74. I went to private school for 2 years and felt very out of place. I was glad to back to public school in the ninth grade.

75. Growing up I loved to roller skate.

76. I love watching and hearing thunderstorms.

77. I love flowers. For some reason they just make me happy.

78. I am very thankful for the life that I have. I am truly blessed.

79. In Montana we would go to the woods and cut down our own Christmas trees. I really miss doing that. Now we just go to Food Lion and pick out a tree , what a turn around.

80. In nine years I lost my dad to pancreatic cancer, lost 2 grandfathers, moved 8 times and had 4 children.

81. My BFF is Beth . We spend almost every afternoon hanging out with our kids and talking about blogging. Life is good.

82. I am in a Book Club, Dip Club and MOPS ( Mothers of Pre-Schoolers). I think it is very important to have support from people that are going through the same things as you are. Also, they all serve good food.

83. I am a smart ass, but I have learned to try to keep it to myself. Some days I do a better job than others.

84. I hate to be late.

85.I love low rider jeans. They totally change the way I look. My husband say I am trying to look 17 again. Oh well !!!!

86. My favorite room in my house is my kitchen. Because the way it looks, not because I like to cook.

87. I got into doing crafts with my kids because Montana has long winters and we needed to do things to fill up the day.

88. I hate beer but everyone in a while I like a mixed drink especially strawberry daiquiris. I am a fruity girl.

89. When my husband and I went to buy our wedding rings my whole hand was swollen because I had been bitten buy a cat at work.

90. One time when lighting the gas grill I singed my eye lashes, eye brows and bangs. I smelled like burnt hair for 2 days. It scared the mess out of me.A

91. I am very prone to motion sickness. I can not even look at a map in the car without feeling ill. Not that I know how to read a map anyway.

92. Once when my husband and I got together he wanted me to read a map. I told him I couldn't. He said,"Oh yes you can." So I tried and we ended up going the wrong way. Thank goodness I have a G.P.S. now.

93. All 4 of my kids name start with the letter C. We want our kids to be connected in every way. My husband's family and my family are not that close. We want our kids to be very close and always be there for each other.

94. It is very important to me that my kids are well behaved. Of course we have some good days and some bad days. But when I get compliments on my kids behavior I feel like at least I am doing something right.

95. I will never take 4 kids on a plane again until they are 18. My third child acted like the girl in the exorcist. All he needed was pea soup to fly out of his mouth. Needless to say I was very embarrassed.

96. I love American Idol.

97. My husband says I stink at mowing the grass because I scalped it. I was just trying to help. He is now helping me with this, because I can not think of anything more to write about myself.

98. I am a bad dancer.

99. I wish I had at least a brother or a sister.

100. I love to go to garage sales.

Wow, now you know more about me than you ever needed to know. I hope you still want to come to my blog. You probably aren't even awake to read this.

Now I will resume to my crafts.

6 comments:

Jennifer said...

That's great! I love reading facts about people

Beth said...

We must spend way too much time together because I think I already knew everything on this list!

Life IS good! :)

Corey~living and loving said...

That was a fun read! :)

As for changing the date of your post. When you are in edit mode, the bottom left corner there is a "post options" button written in blue. YOu can click on that and change the date. :)

Family O'Foxes said...

That was fun to read. I'm way behind 100 post ...so, does that mean I have to post 200+ things about myself... LOL!

I'm an only child also.
I get motion sickness.
My 3rd child hates to fly. She threw up everywhere on our last flight.
I lived in Maryland for a short time (lived in Gaithersburg and Rocksville).

~Amy

Kristina said...

I throw up when they "pan" in movies. Like the start to Braveheart. Forget it. But, planes and boats don't bother me.

Also, In 10 years of marriage, we have lived in 5 states, Washington D.C. and 10 houses. We like to move, too!

I'm sorry about your dad. It's rough.

Thanks for sharing!

My Goodness said...

We have a lot in common! Brown thumb, The Biggest Loser (Finale next week, YAY), and my kids names start with the same letter, E, just to name a few. Somewhere on my blog is my 100 list...guess it would be under my name!!
Tina