Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Are You Sure She Is My Daughter ?


I ask this question because my six year old daughter is nothing like me ( in all the good ways). She is beautiful, smart and sweet. Like I said, nothing like me.
But on days like this I really question if I am her mom. Yes, I saw her come out, and she basically never left my side. She was also very distinctive looking when she was born, so I know there was no switch at the hospital. Anyway, today she woke up with pink eye. I told her she could not go to school today. She began to sob for about an half an hour. What child of mine would complain about not going to school ? She isn't really sick, so she doesn't have to stay in bed. This is going to give me a complex. Last week, they had me pick her up from school because of pink eye and she cried then too. Another kids was also going home and he kept looking at her like she was crazy. I felt terrible because I assumed the people at school must think I beat her or she has a terrible home life. So this morning while she is crying that she can not go to school, my son is asking why he can not have pink, so he can stay home. "Why can't it be me?", he whines (Now that sounds like me) .
I am proud of my daughter, but I think she is a little strange. I know what it is. She is like her father, but don't tell him I said that.
Seriously, I am glad she likes school. Does very well and she should like it. But I would like my baby to like to be home with me too. I love you Caity, and I am very proud of you.
And No Beth, it is not because she is forced to do a bunch of crafts, in fact she is is asking to do some now.

3 comments:

Beth said...

You always make me laugh! And for the record...you are beautiful and smart but as for sweet...well, I guess two out of three ain't bad!

Pam said...

I am VERY much like your daughter. I can't STAND to miss anything, and I never could. I had perfect attendance most years in school. It was the same way when I was teaching--I just hated to miss it. I have had students like that too, so your daughter isn't the only one. I even had kids in my class who were sick as dogs, and their parents brought them to school so that I would tell them they had to stay home because whatever the teacher said was gospel. I'm a nerd, I know!

Honey+2B's said...

My sister is like that too, she actually declined a trip to "DISNEY WORLD" because she didn't want to miss school...I still pick on her about that!