Sunday, November 18, 2007

Dip Club Friday !!!











We had Dip Club again on Friday. For you who do not what Dip Club is, it is where a few of my friends and I get together to talk, eat and try out new easy recipes or just bring a Dip. It is a lot of fun and a lot of food.

I made meatballs. I used a recipe from the back of the Amor Meatball bag. It is easy and good.
Recipe:
1 cup of BB-Q sauce
12 oz. grape jelly
1 bag of 32 small meatballs

The recipe has you bake them and cook them on the stove. I throw the first 2 ingredients in the crock pot and stir. Then throw in the meatballs and cook on high for 2-3 hours.
YUM !!!!
My kids and I also made brownies from my Pampered Chef stuff.

A great recipe from the Dip Club that Beth made:

Hot Wing Dip

-Place 2 bricks of cream cheese in baking dish.
-Mix 24 oz of cooked shredded chicken breast, and 3/4 cup Texas Pete in saucepan.
-Once heated pour chicken over cream cheese, add 1 cup of ranch dressing.
-Bake on 350 for 20 minutes.
-Remove and stir well. Sprinkle with about 1 cup of shredded cheese of your choice.
-Place back in oven for 5 minutes.

Serve with Fritos.

Another great recipe came from Honey:
Yummy Bell Pepper Dip
- 2 or more bell peppers any color combination
- Apple cider and white wine vinegar
- sugar

Directions:
1. Chop the peppers in small pieces.
2.Put in a bowl and pour vinegar to cover peppers, 1/2 white and 1/2 apple cider. there is no measuring. just cover peppers. Leave it soak for 3 to 4 hours
3. In a sauce pan, pour peppers and vinegar and start cooking at medium heat until it starts getting bubbly.
4. Add sugar to taste and stir. (with 2 peppers, 6 to 7 tbsp. of sugar, but taste to make sure)
5. Let it cooks until it thickens, let it cool and put in refrigerator.
6. Pour over a bar of cream cheese.
It is so YUMMY !!!!!!

There was other great food there too, but I did not get the recipes.
The only bad part about dip club is we can not invite a whole of people because our houses only hold so many moms and kids. But I love it, and would tell anyone to start their own.

2 comments:

david mcmahon said...

Oh no, it's Monday here in Australia. I'm too late for Dip Club Friday!

(Came here from Corey's blog.)

Beth said...

I love Dip Club!! I was too full to eat dinner and was actually still full at breakfast!

I guess I need to learn to eat in moderation but where is the fun in that!