Monday, November 26, 2007

Glitter Crafts

Today was glitter day. Since I have a problem with mess, when we do a messy craft, I like to get it all done at once.
The first project is using old Christmas cards. I did this craft with my mom when I was a little girl.
Take old Christmas cards and cut out pictures you like off of them. Now a days, alot of Christmas cards have families and kids on them, this would be a good way to make ornament with your kids friends and family members on them.
You put Elmer's glue around the border and sprinkle on glitter. Add a hook and some ribbon if you like.

This second project has "BLING". Trace patterns using cookie cutters on foam pieces or card stock. Smear glue all over. I let the kids smear it with a Q-Tips. Then Sprinkle on glitter. Add a hook and a bow if you like. These are a lot prettier in person, my photography does not do them justice.

I did the glittering on paper plates. They are easy to fold to reuse the glitter.
If you are wondering why I always have pictures of my kids, it is to show my kids actually do the projects. I know you thought I just liked to take pictures of my kids. Well that too !!

No comments: