Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Gobble, Gobble - Thanksgiving Day Menu

This is a cookie I like to make for my kids- It is 2 striped cookies, cordial cherry and a candy corn held together by chocolate frosting. They are cute on the table and taste good too.

My second recipe is a side dish, I just love it. Warning the recipe sounds strange, but it is really tasty. I am not even sure what it is called a friend gave me the recipe.

2- 15 oz cans pineapple chucks partially drained
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 cup sugar
6 tablespoons flour
1 roll of Ritz crackers
1 stick of melted butter

Spray dish with Pam. Mix pineapple and cheese together. Mix flour and sugar together. Pour flour mixture over pineapple mixture. Mash crackers and place on top. Pour melted butter on top.
Bake at 350 degree for 30 minutes.

The Rest of my Menu Nothing to original:

- I am doing a Sausage and Apple Herbed Stuffing from Pampered Chef. I have never had it but it sounds good.
-Homemade Mashed Potatoes with lots of butter, though I am thinking about trying the Delicious, Creamy Mashed Potatoes from the pioneer woman cooks recipes If you have not tried her recipes or even looked at them, you must. Her recipes come with complete instruction and pictures.
-Of course canned cranberries
- Corn
-Pumpkin Pie with whipped cream

For other great recipe ideas you can go to Looking Towards Heaven

Have a Happy Thanksgiving!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Honey+2B's said...

canned cranberries are SO good! I can just eat a whole thing by itself! Your menu sounds yummy, it's making me hungry!

I have a really good recipe for mashed potatoes with smoked gouda cheese and prosciutto that is to die for...I'll email it to you, it's good for any day, not only Thanksgiving.

I can't wait to stuff my face with turkey and Thanksgiving food next week!

{Karla} said...

i'm going to have to try this! and those turkeys are SO CUTE!!! I was thinking about making Pioneer Woman's potatoes too.

I love all of the crafts on your site. You're very creative!


Beth said...

Yum! It all sounds delicious. If you have any leftovers of the pineapple stuff, I want to try a bite!

Susanne said...

That cookie turkey is adorable. Perfect for my dayhome kids to make!

GiBee said...

Those turkey cookies are so adorable! How creative!!!

Ribbon Rock Star said...

Those lil turkey treats are adorable!
Great menu...


Jenn said...

I am going to make the turkey cookies with the kids on Thanksgiving. Thanks for the idea!