Thursday, November 8, 2007

Ranch Dip

Having a speaker come to the MOPS meeting to talk about nutrition has really made me think about my kids nutrition, not that we eat terribly, but with Halloween and Birthday Parties we have been lax. A healthy way for me to get my kids to eat raw vegetables is ranch dip. But not the bottle kind. A healthy kind (at least I think). I take plain yogurt and mix it with the dry Hidden Valley Ranch Mix. My kids love it and do not know the difference between the yogurt kind and the bottle kind. I do not know the exact combination, I take some spoonfuls of yogurt and sprinkle in the ranch until it looks and tastes the way I like it.


Pam said...

Hm, I'll have to try that. My kids actually like plain yogurt--ew! I am not a picky person, and I have tried so hard to like it, but it is just so strong! Plain yogurt is SO good for you though, so this might be a good way to get it in without so much sugar!

Beth said...

How odd that we both posted about ranch today! Yours, of course, is the healthy kind.

I've had yours before and it was very good but I was never able to get mine made with the yougurt to taste as good as yours.