Friday, November 2, 2007

Today is Dip Club !!!!!

You maybe asking what is Dip Club. It is where a few of my friends and I get together every other Friday and eat. We each bring a dip or an appetizer and spend the rest of the time eating and talking. I love this and I really look forward to our Fridays.

Today I am bringing simmered smoked links. Yummy !


The recipe is: 2 packages (16 oz each) mini smoked sausage links
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup ketchup
1/4 cup prepared horseradish
Place smokies in slow cooker. Combine brown sugar, ketchup, 1/4 cup horseradish. Cover and cook on low for 4 hours.




And for dinner, since I will not want to cook, I have a Cranberry Mustard Pork Tenderloin in my other Crockpot.


16 oz can whole cranberry sauce
3 Tbsp lemon juice
4 Tbsp Dijon mustard
3 Tbsp brown sugar
2 pork tenderloins, about 2lbs total

1.In a small bowl combine 1st four ingredients. Place about 1/3 of mixture in bottom of slow cooker.
2. Place tenderloins on top of sauce. Pour remaining sauce over tenderloins.
3.Cover and cook on low 6-8 hrs, or until meat is tender.
4. Allow meat to stand for 10 minutes before slicing.

In case you have not noticed I love my Crockpot.

2 comments:

Beth said...

WooHoo! Dip Club Friday! I haven't had breakfast so I'm good and ready.

Can't wait to try the smokies and the recipe for the pork sounds yummy too!

"It's Dip Club day! It's Dip Club day!" she sings as she dances around her computer. "Lalala lalala!"

Pam said...

Ooh, those recipes sound yummy. I have a recipe for meatballs and mini weenies that has cranberry sauce as part of the sauce.