Monday, November 19, 2007

Who Me? Cheap?

I just got finished reading Cory's latest post. She was writing about how cheap she is, and a great idea she came up with to save some money on a toy. I am also very cheap. I am a stay at mom of 4, so I need to save money. While reading her post, it reminded me of something that happened when my oldest was about 5 or 6.
One day we were in Target shopping. There was a shirt I liked for Cody, of course, on clearance. I asked Cody if he wanted it. He said, " Yes". So I put the shirt in the cart. Then he turns to me and says excitedly," You mean no one else has ever worn this before?" "Yes, honey," I said feeling about an inch tall.

6 comments:

Kristina said...

You know, my kids actually go on and on about, "Gabriel wore this when he was my age..." and, "Oh, I remember when I wore that shirt". We don't seem to have a problem with the whole, I don't want to wear hand-me-downs.
On the other hand, they do get plenty of new clothes, too. So....

Beth said...

I love that it was a new shirt but that you still got it on clearance! You've got to love the red tags at Target1

Beth said...

I love that it was a new shirt but that you still got it on clearance! You've got to love the red tags at Target1

Lee and Beth said...

Hi. Thanks for the comment on my blog. I like to read your blog, also. I love all the cool crafts that you do, but I'm not a crafty person at all. I wish I was, though. It looks like lots of fun.

Corey~living and loving said...

Thanks for the linky love. :) I'm glad you enjoyed the post. Your story made me laugh. Kids are so perceptive. :)

Honey+2B's said...

There is nothing wrong with brand new clothes from the 75% off rack! Alan is an expert at finding the best deals at Target, he always comes out with a bunch of clothes he found on sale!