Thursday, December 6, 2007

Festive Christmas Kid Dinner

We had a festive dinner last night. First ,we started off with my friend, Beth's recipe for Quesadillas. My daughter had a great idea to use cookie cutters to put a design in them.











Then came dessert. We made snowmen out of donuts.


This one is Cheyanne's, she liked eating all the candy, not applying it.




This one is Colton's snowman.









This one is Caity's. Her did not want to stand up.











Cody's snowman looks like it was punched in the face. he had a little trouble putting on the nose.







And this lovely snowman is mine. If you are a gingerbread house master, I know you are laughing your head off right about now.
Boy that thing is ugly.









These were fun and tasty. These are made with powdered covered donut holes. I did hold them together with toothpicks and frosting. I used assorted candy for decorations, held on by frosting. The fluffy snow on the bottom is whipped cream.
To help them stand up, you made want to cut off a little on the bottom, to make it a flat surface.

5 comments:

Beth said...

Wow! You took the quesadillas to a whole new level! I love it! I am going to have to try that.

And the donut snowment...what a great idea! Looks like everyone had fun...you are so good at making memorable moments for your kids...I'm so good at yelling at mine!

Melissa said...

That is adorable. I never thought of trying that with the tortillas.

As for the snowmen, you could also use marshmallows.

Thanks for the idea!!

Kellan said...

Aren't those the cutest ideas and they show what a great mom you must really be - taking the time and effort to bring those fun ideas to you kids - to you family. Way to go! Take care and have a good weekend, Kellan

Pam said...

Cute AND yummy! I want to be your kid!

Corey~living and loving said...

oh my....I totally have to try the quesadillas. yummo.