Saturday, December 8, 2007

Graham Cracker Gingerbread Houses

Saturday I decided we are going to do graham cracker gingerbread houses. How hard could it be? It will be a lot easier than making my own gingerbread. Well, for me, it was not easy. Half the graham crackers were already broken. So I did my best to build the houses,so the kids could decorate them. My construction looked terrible. The kids on the other hand, did a great job with what they had to work with. And they had a ball.
I thought I would try starting out all organized and Martha Stewart like.

This is the house and castle they had to start with.

The boys creation and

the girl's castle.

Then they had a lot of fun eating it.

It was one of the most fun projects we have done. The kids had a great time.


Beth said...

I love it! And it's not how good it looks, it's how much fun you and the kids had putting it together!

Melissa said...

Good idea!! We did the Martha thing while we decorated sugar cookie last lasted about 2 seconds..

Kellan said...

What fun! Those are the cutest pictures! Have a great day. Kellan

Jennifer said...

I don't have as much patience as you do!

Evden said...

Those look like lots of fun. I made these once when I was a kid. It has always been a great memory for me.

WorksForMom said...

Those are works of ART. And ooooh, I love your kitchen countertops - beautiful!

Kelli said...

How fun! The houses turned out great!!

Jenn said...

They look they had a wonderful time - love those messy faces!