Thursday, December 13, 2007

Gum Drop Ornament


This is an easy craft that 3 of my kids and a friend's daughter did. This is a good small group craft or individual craft.
I used a 3 in styrofoam ball (which makes a big ornament), next time I will use a smaller ball.
Then we stuck 2 gum drops or each toothpick and poked them into the ball. After adding all the gumdrops I tied a ribbon around the whole ball and stuck some toothpicks in it, to hold it in place. Then added a pre-made red ribbon.
My kids loved putting it together and eating the gumdrops.
At Wal-Green's you can buy just red and green gum drops to make it more Christmasy.

Today I went to Scribbit's Blog and she had posted a picture of a Gum Drop Wreath. That is too cute.
Don't you love it ? She has the directions on her blog.


This is another super easy ornament we did. Unroll a paper clip except a little hook on the bottom, so the gum drops do not fall off. Put on 3 gum drops and tie on a ribbon. Turn the top of the paper clip for the hook. That is it.














I also saw where you can get a stryofoam cone and turn it upside down and add gum drops with tooth picks. It makes a cute gum drop Christmas tree. The gum drop trees are sitting on the table. This picture comes from Family Circle Magazine.
Who knew you could do so much with Gum drops ?

12 comments:

My Goodness said...

I absolutely LOVE all these GumDrop ideas!! I must try one soon! Thanks for sharing that wonderful craft!

Thanks for visiting my blog...nice to meet you!!

Beth said...

Leave it to you to figure out even more things to do with gum drops!

I can only think of one thing...eating them!

Kellan said...

How cute and yummy too! Take care. Kellan

Melissa said...

I've got a bag of gumdrops just waiting for me to get the styrofoam cone. I might have to rethink that and make the ball instead. You are just to crafty!!

Jennifer said...

Great idea!

Family O'Foxes said...

Those are so cute! And they look so yummy!
Now, I want to make these.
~Amy

WorksForMom said...

Those ornaments are AWESOME (although I have a feeling my dog and cat would totally eat 'em - as would I)! Very cute!

Nap Warden said...

Yummy indeed!

Corey~living and loving said...

love the big ornament. :) so cute!

care-in said...

I love these gumdrop ornaments. I think the paperclip one would be perfect for my 3 year old...we may even try the cone tree. Fun!

Daughter of the King said...

these are soooo cute...
Deby

Mom Mom said...

What a great idea! I have been looking for something to go with my other Christmas candy theme stuff.

I can't wait to make some of each!