Pam from Kids Kitchen tagged me to do this "Holiday Hoopla" thing. Here are the rules:
1. List 12 random things about yourself that have to do with Christmas
2. Please refer to it as a 'hoopla' and not the dreaded 'm'-word (which, for you bloggy newbies, is meme)
3. You have to specifically tag people when you're done. None of this "if you're reading this, consider yourself tagged" stuff is allowed...then nobody ends up actually doing it. The number of people who you tag is really up to you -- but the more, the merrier to get this 'hoopla' circulating through the blogosphere.
4. Please try and do it as quickly as possible. The Christmas season will be over before we know it and I'd like to get as many people involved as possible.
So, here we go...
1. I love Christmas, it is my favorite time of year. I love to give gifts, wrap presents and to decorate. But most of all, I love seeing how excited and happy my kids get this time of year.
2. Growing up one of my favorite Christmas memory was baking cookies with my Mom. She would spend one whole Saturday baking and letting me decorate. Even though I loved this memory with my Mom, the thought of baking all day with my kids just throws me over the edge. I always say next year. We usually end up baking a batch here and there, but not a whole day.
3. Our wedding anniversary is December 21. We thought it would be nice to always spend our anniversary with everything decorated. We also thought we would have a decorated church when we got married ( I was cheap even then). But we ended up getting married at the Justice of the Peace, so the church decorating thing did not work out. But that is another story for another post.
4. When we lived in Montana, one of my favorite things to do was go to the state forest, and cut down our own Christmas tree ($5, can not beat that). The kids loved picking out just the right one. I would always try to pick a really tall tree and my husband would always say,"That thing would never fit, that is like 30 feet tall. "
And on these trips we would also always end up helping someone because their car would get stuck in the snow.
5. I always say, "This year I am not buying a whole for the kids. They already have enough stuff." And every year at the last minute, I go out and buy more stuff, even though I have already finished my shopping. This year I was not going to buy my 2 year old a big play kitchen but that is what I spent yesterday doing.
6. We do the Santa thing, but I am really bad at keeping all the stories straight. My kids are always coming up with very hard questions about Santa for me to answer. I think it is fun for them and that is why we do it.
Now doesn't that look fun ?
7. I hope my kids grow up remembering Christmas as a happy and magical time.
5. Growing up for breakfast we always had Italian eggs for breakfast. That is a hard boiled eggs covered with spaghetti sauce and mozzarella cheese. I know it sounds yucky but it is really good, I do not serve it to my kids because I do not see them liking it.
6. Growing up we also use to eat cookies while opening our presents, that is something I do with my kids too.
7. I like to do Christmas crafts. That surprised you, did it?
8. I love driving around looking at Christmas lights.
9. I hate they are trying to take Christmas out of schools. That makes me sad.
10. I love seeing my kids in Christmas Programs. My son was in a play this year(with a speaking part) and when it was his turn to speak ,the batteries in my camera went dead. But luckily we do have it on a video camera.
11. I always hate going to work Christmas Parties. I know that sounds bad, but I never have fun.
12. I love making my kids wear Christmas stuff. I think they look so cute.
I hope I did not bore you too much with my Holiday Hoopla post, I had a lot of fun doing it. So I tag, Beth. Have fun!!!! You knew before you even got here, I would tag you.
MERRY CHRISTMAS everyone !!!!!!!!!