Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Let's Par-tay !!!!

Karla is hosting a recipe exchange. So I thought I would add my favorite easy recipe. It is Sweet and Sour Meatballs. I take them everywhere and I never come home with any.

Sweet And Sour Meatballs

2 lbs. of pre-cooked meatballs
1 cup grape jelly
2 cups cocktail sauce or chili sauce (both are good)

Crock pot version:
1. Place meatball in slow cooker.
2. In medium bowl, mix jelly and sauce together with a whisk ( it will be a little lumpy)
3. Pour jelly and sauce over meatballs. Stir.
4. Cook on high 1-2 hours until sauce is heated.
5. Turn heat to low until ready to serve.

If you are short for time you can cook on stove top.
1. Mix jelly and sauce in a pot.
2. Stir and cook on medium until jelly is melted.
3. Add meatballs and cook until meatballs are heated through. (about 15 minutes)

I know it sounds strange with the grape jelly but it is so good.


Melissa said...

I've had these before and while the ingredients do wound weird, they are seriously yummy!!

Cyndy said...

These sound really good!

Beth said...

These are so good! I wish I had a giant bowl of them right now!

Nancy said...

Okay, I love, love meatballs, but never make them. These sound pretty good. I'll have to have a party just to try them. Do you buy meatballs frozen at the grocery, or do you make them? Short cuts are best when you have 6 children!

{Karla} said...

my SIL makes these and I've always loved them. I remember the first time she told me what was in them!

She always makes them in her crock pot.

The odd thing is that, as much as I like them, I have never made them myself. I think I will do that this week.

Thanks for joining in the fun!