Monday, December 31, 2007

New Years Resolutions


I am really struggling with the idea of should I make New Years resolutions or not. I think it is a good idea to have goals to try to strive to do better things, but on the other hand I hate to fail or give up. And now a days it seems a lot of people think resolutions stupid.
I think I am going to try and see how it goes. A few years ago on New Years Eve I woke early and turned on the T.V. and for some reason there was Denise Austin exercising. That year I made a resolution to start working out. I did and have kept it up, of course I do better some weeks than others. That was a resolution I did and it worked.
Next question is what kind of resolutions should I make? Work out more? Not yell at the kids so much ? Try to be a more understanding wife ? Clean the bathrooms more often? I do not know. I would like to make ones that I can stick to and make me a better person.
I will think about it and get back to you.
I would love to hear if you are going to make any resolutions and what are they. Also if you have any tips on how to pick resolutions and stick to them.

I hope everyone has a Happy and Safe New Years.

11 comments:

Steph said...

I too have been thinking about resolutions. Undecided. I'll keep you posted though!

Jennifer said...

I call mine 2008 Goals, and not resolutions. I write them down so that I can see them throughout the year. I did so-so on mine for 2007. I would just make them specific...I mean I have put down to be a better mom, but how can you ever measure that or truly know? I'll let you know mine soon!

Kellan said...

Cute cartoons! I don't make resolutions either. I don't know why exactly, because I always go into the New Year with lots of high hopes - like a more organized house, cooking more, being a better mother ... but I don't officially set any of those goals as a resolution - I just try to go into the New Year with a positive attitude and try to get things done as soon and as consistenly as possible. It seems to work for me.

I hope you have a fabulous New Year and I hope to see lots of you in 2008 - see you then. Kellan

Family O'Foxes said...

I feel like the Calvin and Hobbs cartoon. ;)

Here is the real reason-> I don't make them anymore because after a while I get bored with whatever I resolved to change and forget to do it.

~Amy

Kristina said...

Our whole family made resolutions. We did them a bit different this year, breaking them down into specifics for each month. Happy New Year!

Jen said...

Still thinking...working out and eating better at the top of the list though.

Pam said...

I always make resolutions. Sometimes they are the usual ones--lose weight, spend less. Sometimes they were more like goals--a list of books I wanted to read, a degree I wanted to finish, bills I wanted to pay off. This year, I want to get back to healthy eating and exercise, and I want to make some decisions about my business, though I don't know what yet (maybe take a course or something). I am in a constant state of trying to improve myself, but I think of the new year as a time to renew my efforts or commit to doing something I have been meaning to do for a while.

Lee and Beth said...

I would love to lose twenty pounds by summer. I started my goal in November, and so far I had lost 7 pounds, but after the Christmas holiday, I put a couple of those back on. Time to buckle down and get back to stricter eating and exercising every day. I do have to admit it was kind of fun to slack off for a few days. :)

LindaSueBuhl said...

First time to comment here -I've long been a fan of Calvin and Hobbs. I know I need to change so am setting goals for both physical (exercise and food) and spiritual (ministry work and being a better friend). It is exciting to have a whole NEW year - woo hoo!

Beth said...

I haven't made resolutions in a few years. But I really do need to loose some weight so there is no better time than the present to make myself accountable!

We are only 3 hours from home! Yippee!

Amy said...

I posted my resolutions today and am hoping that I can make them work. Some years are better than others :) Mine are just general goals and I am trying not to focus on any end-results, just some positive lifestyle changes.

Good luck!!