Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Rudolf the Red Nosed Pumpkin ?

This post will need an explanation first. I had a pumpkin from Halloween, and I could not bare to part with it because it is so pretty. So at Thanksgiving it became a Turkey.

After Thanksgiving I took off the feathers and head and left it on my front porch. Then came Christmas decoration time. I decorated my front porch, but left my pumpkin. Of course, every one said it had to go. But I could not throw it away. I said to myself," I must find a way to turn it into a Christmas decoration. Can I paint it to look like a Christmas ball? No. I know what I will do."
Here is what we started with.

Next we painted.

Have I mentioned I have no patience. So we blow dried the pumpkin to make the paint dry faster.

And blow dried it some more.

And after some careful decorating, this is what we came up with.
Rudolf the Red Nosed Pumpkin.

I do have to much time on my hands. Don't I ? But I get to keep my pumpkin.
I am not going to list the items I used. I somehow have a feeling no one else will be doing this.


Family O'Foxes said...

Oh man! I would of done that if I had of known what to do with my uncarved pumpkins from Halloween. I'm not creative enough to come up with the turkey idea (I did keep the pumpkins until after Thanksgiving).

Now, I want a rudolph pumpkin. Wonder if the pumpkin farms would think I'm crazy if I asked for a pumpkin?

You are so creative. I'm so glad I found your site.
I look forward to seeing what you are up to daily.

Melissa said...

OMG that is hysterical and yet, so truly crafty! Nice job!!

Beth said...

I don't want my kids to see this because you know they are going to start whining and asking why we don't have one on our front porch!

WorksForMom said...

Okay, you've TOTALLY outdone yourself now. I LOVE IT. I really love it!

Wow, you're right when you emailed me your Mom was an artist - what an impression she made on you all!

Secret Agent Mama said...

How totally creative!! :D

Secret Agent Mama said...

BTW: I'm adding you to my ever-growing blogroll. Being moms of four, we have something (much of something) in common.

Jennifer said...

You never cease to amaze me by your creativity! I have two pumpkins....can I bring them over to you?

Pam said...

Bwahahahahaha! Love it!

I know what you can do for January! You can glue sequins all over it, and it can be the ball they drop over Times Square!!!

OK, maybe not!

Traci said...

OKAY - this is some creative recycling of the pumpkin!SOOO cute! Thanks for sharing the post with me! And thanks for stopping by our blog!

Merry Christmas!