Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Table Setting - Utensil Holder







Scribbit is holding Winter Bazaar with very cute Christmas ideas. I did this project yesterday, and I think it turned out very cute, so I thought I would share it.

I thought it would be a good Works for Me Wednesday Project at Rocks In My Dryer


I made easy Christmas stocking for a utensil holder. I thought this would be good for a place setting or a buffet style meal. They are very easy to make. No sewing required, although if you do sew, that would be cute too.

1. First, I made a stencil of a stocking then pinned it on a piece of felt and cut around it.


2. I hot glued the stocking together except the top. Then, I decorated with different things I had around the house. I thought I would show different things you could embellished with for everyone's different styles.



3. The top on is made with felt and pom-poms. The one on the left is cotton balls and pom-poms.
The one on the right is made with felt and buttons.



These are made with felt, pom-poms , bells and ribbons. The gold piece is cut off from a piece of wire ribbon.
Another cute idea would be to write people's name on it with glue and cover it with glitter. They could also take them home as cute take home gifts.

10 comments:

Gift of Green said...

Those utensil holders are adorable and I love the no sewing involved! By the time I lug my machine out of the closet the "moment" has usually passed. I look forward to catching up with your blog!

Sarah @ Ordinary Days said...

Adorable and easy...my kinda crafting!

Melissa said...

Those are adorable and something even a non-sewer like me could handle. Thanks for the idea!

Miss Julianne said...

I love that. I definitely would like to make those sometime! How charming.

Kellan said...

Adorable little stockings and a great idea for holding utensils! So cute.

Family O'Foxes said...

you are so talented.

seriously move closer to me...my poor kids need someone like you to play with.

~Amy

Amber said...

What a cute idea...and my kids could help me with them. That's the best part.

Waitingonyou2 said...

Super cute! Who doesn't love homemade?

Cocoa said...

Now that is clever. My daughters would enjoy making these.

Scribbit said...

Oh that is cute--perfect for our Christmas Eve dinner.