Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Works for Me Wednesday

What Works for Me Wednesday Recipes:

Sweet And Sour Meatballs or Cocktail Sausages

2 lbs. of pre-cooked meatballs or 1 package of cocktail sausages
1 cup grape jelly
2 cups cocktail sauce or chili sauce (both are good)

Crock pot version:
1. Place meatball in slow cooker.
2. In medium bowl, mix jelly and sauce together with a whisk ( it will be a little lumpy)
3. Pour jelly and sauce over meatballs. Stir.
4. Cook on high 1-2 hours until sauce is heated.
5. Turn heat to low until ready to serve.

If you are short for time you can cook on stove top.
1. Mix jelly and sauce in a pot.
2. Stir and cook on medium until jelly is melted.
3. Add meatballs and cook until meatballs are heated through. (about 15 minutes)

I know it sounds strange with the grape jelly but it is so good.


Jenn said...

A friend gave this recipe a few years ago! They are so good.

TX Poppet said...

Found you via WFMW. Glad I did.

Kellan said...

Sounds yummy - thanks. Kellan

WorksForMom said...

This came at a perfect time. I'm not so sure about the jelly - but I like ya, so I trust ya! :)

Mrs Coetser said...

Lots of things seem to happen on Wednesday.
Thank you for commenting on my blog.

Steph said...

I love this recipe! Definitely going to be out at my cookie exchange party!

Pam said...

I make a similar recipe every year at the holidays, but with cranberry sauce instead of grape jelly. Yummy either way!