Wednesday, January 2, 2008

2008 Wish List for Kids


I found this idea on the Family Fun Web site. It is a Wish List for 2008 for kids to do. I put five different headings on a piece of paper and then numbered 1-4 under each. My headings were Places I Want To Go, Books I Want to Read, Movies I Want to Watch, Foods I Want to Try, and Things I Want to Learn to Do. I did this with my 8 year old, 6 years old and 4 year old. It turned out to be a real interesting project.
Some of Cody's answers were: Places To GO- Fishing, Books To Read- Sharks and Bats, Movies to Watch- Batman, Under dog and Super Babies . Foods to Try- Indian Slap Jacks and he Wants to Learn to cook.

Caity's- Places to Go- Mall, Park, Fishing and the Movies, Books To Read- Dogs, Cats and Fish. Foods to Try-Peanut cookies, tomatoes and Tomato Cake. And things she wants to learn about- Books, Bionicles, crafts(of course), and Jesus and God.

Colton's list- Books to Read- Batman and Underdog. Things he wanted to Learn was to Read and add numbers, Foods to try- Tomatoes.

I really would recommend this idea, it was fun and it gave me some ideas on what to do for this upcoming year. I definitely will let them do more cooking and have my husband take them fishing even more. And I also know what books to get at the library.
I hope you try it, if you do let me know some of the answers.

16 comments:

MamaGeek said...

Wow, this is an(other) awesome idea for adults and for kids. Something for the old fridge!

Scribbit said...

Oh this is a terrific idea--perfect for the time of year!

Amy said...

What a great idea!

http://amyswandering.wordpress.com/

Melissa said...

Good idea. I'm going to have to give this a try tomorrow. Thanks!

Cocoa said...

What a great idea! It will really help me keep track of what they would like not what I think they would like.

Pennies In My Pocket said...

I LOOOOOOOOOOOVE this idea! I just hope I don't forget it by the time my baby is old enough to have a wish list. Could you remind me in about 2 or 3 years? hehehehe

Oh and thank you for putting me on your sidebar! I just noticed! How sweet of you!

~melody~

Beth said...

This is a really good idea! I need to try it with my kids.

Jen said...

Very good idea. I may do this. Madison would be the only one to do it...Miller is only 2. But she would enjoy it and it would give me some ideas.

Brenda ND said...

Clever idea. Thanks for sharing.

Kellan said...

This is very cool - I can see how it would help with getting kids motivated too - to do new things, read new books ... great idea. See you soon. Kellan

Jennifer said...

I love this idea!! I might have to use it and post it on my blog!

funfelt said...

Wow I love it. Any time you can teach kids how to be goal-oriented and try new things, it's great! Thanks for sharing!

Amy said...

This is such a cool idea! Thank you for sharing! I will have to try this with my son- thank you so much!

Cheerio said...

I think you're right. That is just a great idea.
Thanks for dropping by.

Renee's Reading Corner said...

What a great ideal! I'll be doing this with my kids over the weekend. Thanks for the tip.

Renee'
http:/rmboys2.wordpress.com/

Miss Muffin said...

I just found it and think this is so nice! I will try this today with my 3year old. Don't know whether she will give any meaningful answers ... but I'll give it a shot. Sounds really nice to do this every year and look back at what they wished for ...

Thanks for the nice idea,

Miss Muffin