Friday, February 1, 2008

Friday Catch Up Day

I have been tagged 3 times, so I am going to try to do all 3 memes to catch up because I like to be a good bloggy friend.

Maggie at and the Duck said... tagged me with the Fantastic Fours

Four jobs you've had in your life:

  1. Tanning Salon Receptionist (this was my job in High School I thought I was so cool, now I think about wrinkles and skin cancer)
  2. Manicurist
  3. Veterinary Technician
  4. Geico Customer Service
Four movies that you would watch over and over:

1. Grease, I have loved that movie forever.

2. Star Wars That was the first movie I saw in a theater , I was about 4 and I still remember it. There is something about that movie I love.

3. This is also weird, but I love Scooby Doo and watch those DVD's all the time. I am glad my kids love Scooby as much as I do.

4. I also love Gone With The Wind and Wizard of Oz. Two great classics.

Four Places where I lived:

  1. Pasadena, MD
  2. Warner Robins, GA.
  3. Helena, MT.
  4. Bozeman, MT.

Four TV shows that you love to watch (or used to watch):

  1. CSI, CSI:Miami (My husband and I love to make fun of "H")
  2. The Soup That show cracks me up.
  3. Law and Order
  4. American Idol and The Biggest Loser

Four places you've been on vacation:

  1. Destin, Florida
  2. Myrtle Beach, S.C.
  3. Yellowstone National Park
  4. Marlinton, W.V. Growing up , every year my parent would drag me camping , a lot of times for 2 whole weeks, in a tent. I like nature and all, but a tent for 2 weeks. No thanks.

Four websites you visit daily:

  1. I visit so many blogs, and I love them all.
  2. But I do have to mention Beth, she is my BFF and I always visit hers.
Four of your favorite foods
  1. Pizza
  2. Mexican
  3. Most any pasta dish
  4. Any dessert. I have not met one I did not like yet.

Four places you would rather be right now:

  1. Sleeping because it is 1:23 am but I can not sleep because I am coughing.
  2. The Beach
  3. At a spa, getting manicures, pedicures and massages.
  4. It is weird but I like to be home with my family, I am such a home body.

Kristina at Kristina's Soapbox Tagged me with Book Meme:

Book Meme Rules
1. Pick up the nearest book ( of at least 123 pages).
2. Open the book to page 123.
3. Find the fifth sentence.
4. Post the next three sentences.
5. Tag five people.

1. One Thousand White Women
2. "Yes! How was it? Was it strange? Was it wonderful?"
3. It was like a dream, I answered." I am not sure that it really happened."
4. "Yes !" Martha said. "
5. "That's exactly how mine was-like a dream."

This is a good book, it does have some graphic scenes but I think they were very realistic and added to the realism of the book. It was a violent time so he discussed everything that went on.

Next Steph at Perpetual Choas tagged me too.

1. How long have you been blogging?
I have been blogging since the end of September in 2007.

2. What inspired you to start a blog and who are my mentors ?
I started my blog because my friend, Beth had a blog and I wanted to be just like her. No really she said it was fun and I should try it. She was right and now I am addicted. I also started to keep track of the things I do with my kids.
I do not have any one mentor, I love so many blogs but I am not a great story teller so I have to do my crafts.

3. Are you trying to make $ on line or just for fun?
I would have to say for fun since my Ad Goggle account has (am I am not joking) $ .01.
And Blogher opens back up on Feb 1, so maybe they will except me. But I really do it for fun and if I can make some extra money, I would be happy.

4. What 3 things do you love about being on line?
1. First and far most, the people I have met. I love my bloggy friends. They are funny, supportive and all around wonderful.
2. I have learned that there is a lot of people are out there with the same thoughts and concerns that I have.
3. I learn something new everyday from other people's blogs. And so many people make me laugh, I love that too.

5.What 3 things do you struggle with on line ?
1. Finding the time to do it.
2. Hoping people do not think I am too much of a goody-goody because I do crafts. Trust me I am not and I make a lot of mistakes as a mom. I am not a sports mom, my kids are not fun to play boards games with yet (I hope it gets better as they get older), I stink at Bionicles and I have had babies for 8 years, so I do crafts.
3. Tagging people for the memes. I know some people like them but I also know some do not. I hate to ask someone else to do something they find is a drag.

I hope I did not leave anyone out that tagged me. Those were fun.
Here is the hard part for me.
I tag everyone who once to do one and let me know so I can stop by to read it.
If I missed someone who tagged me I am sorry, these are the ones I wrote down. I am going to recheck to see who I forgot but let me know if I forgot about your tag.

post signature


girlymom said...

Oh yeah another person who can't sleep due to the coughs...I can't wait for this to go away, my whole body aches from coughing! Hope you feel better soon and can rest!

Brittany said...

"I am Horatio and I have absolutely no other inflection in my voice. Let's solve this crime" (turns head, puts on shades, and walks away briskly)

Sigh. Love me some CSI. haha.

Great Memes!

Beth said...

Thanks for the shoutout and thanks for not tagging me!


Melissa said...

Fun! I'm going to do the 4 things meme.......

Melissa said...

Wow, 3 memes in one shot, you are a brave woman.

And I like the fact that your crafty, I aspire to be more like you.

Teachin' this mommy new tricks! said...

Fun fun post!. Also congrats with your husband's job!

Leanne said...

Yes, I love love love Grease too. I may have to go out and buy it and force my family to watch it with me now that you've reminded me about it.

I don't do Meme's but I LOVE to read them. Thanks for an interesting post!

Family Adventure said...

Good meme(s)! I find it hard to keep up and remember the memes/awards, but they *are* good ways to get to know other bloggers.

Have a good weekend! Heidi :)

Renee's Reading Corner said...

Great getting to know you better! I love Scooby Doo too...good thing my kids love 'em too so I get a chance to watch them- LOL!

Mari said...

You have really been working. I bet this took a while to do. They were interesting to read!

Pennies In My Pocket said...

I bet this took a while to do! I am so behind catching up on mine. I want to have fun and do these, but as soon as I find the way to add a few more hours to the day then I'll do them! hehehe You're amazing! FUN answers, too!


Melissa said...

Star Wars and Grease-- Oh yeah- GREAT movies!

Pam said...

I have a hard time keeping up with all the meme tags too! Those were fun to read!

Sandra said...

Loved reading these and learning more about you :)

I have a hard time keeping up with all the memes, there's months that go by with nothing and then slam they're everywhere LOL

Andrea said...

Great post!! I don't do meme's very often...once in a while though! :) It's fun reading them to learn more about my bloggy friends though!

Amber M. said...

Hey! We have Montana in common! We moved this past summer after 3 years in Great Falls. That's what's so great about memes...

Maggie said...

You are so good, getting them all done at once - go you!

I love when people do memes...I think it's so interesting to hear what people have to say!

tommie said...

How fun! i always love reading these.

Rachel said...

Goodness Gracious!!

Love the same shows as you!
These were really interesting :-)
I need your e-mail address. You can just e-mail me monkeysandprincessesATgmailDOTcom