Friday, January 4, 2008

Friday-Dip Club Day

Today is Dip Club, Yeah!!! If you are new to my blog, it is when a few of my friends and I get together to make Dips and other easy foods and hang out. It is a good way to try new foods (especially appetizers) that we would like to try but our family would not necessarily eat. Or if you are like me it is hard enough to make a regular dinner, so adding appetizers to the mix is out of the question. I came up with the idea because I always see good appetizers I want to try but do not want to make for my family because I would probably be stuck eating all of them.

So Todays recipe is :

Slow Cooked Smokies
2 lbs miniature smoked sausage links
28 oz bottle BBQ sauce
1 1/4 cups water
3 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
3 Tbsp steak sauce
1/2 tsp. pepper

1. In a slow cooker, combine all ingredients. Mix well.
2. Cover and cook on Low 6-7 hours.



And for anyone interested, I found Slow Cooking Thursday at Diary of a stay at home mom . I am always looking for great slow cooker recipes, so you might want to check it out.

There is also Random Recipes at Random Thoughts. I love finding new recipes. This is held on Fridays. Today is soup and stews. Yummy for these cold days.

14 comments:

Family Adventure said...

I love the idea of a dip club! I'm definitely going to be checking in for new recipes from you. Is this a weekly or monthly event??

Heidi

jennwa said...

We have Dip Club every other Friday.

Mishelle said...

Oh how I love little smokies.

Do you have Mr. Linky yet? It's where all the people participating get linked. Have you ever seen it? I'll be back later to participate.

MJ said...

This looks good. Thanks for sharing!


MJ

Melissa said...

Yum, I just got a bigger slow cooker for Christmas. Last night I was thinking of making meatballs, looks like I'll have to give this one a try instead.

Jen said...

How fun this is. I think I would really enjoy that....do you go to each others homes? How does it work? Have fun.

Family O'Foxes said...

sounds yummy! and we still have a package left over from our new years night.
Amy

Sandra said...

Yum....love little smokies. Thank you for sharing :)

Kellan said...

I love those little smokies and this sounds good - we eat lots of those little weiners in our house!! I also love appetizers - I'd rather each finger foods sometimes than a real meal. Thanks for the recipe. See you soon. Kellan

Renee's Reading Corner said...

What a really great ideal! I'm going to have to try this one. Great recipe by the way and thanks for the links to the other memes. Have a great weekend!

Renee'
http://rmboys.wordpress.com/

MamaGeek said...

elskI LOVE IT! And I love this idea. I love dips, chips and lots-o-sips!

Have a great weekend.

Jennifer said...

Sounds yummy! I wish I lived closer to participate! I'll look forward to the recipes!

Andrea said...

Mmmm...I love smokies - so this would be just the thing for me! :)

Ellie's parents said...

I saw your feature today in the Journal... you've got a nice blog, and a beautiful family. I'm sure I will pick some tips I can use to entertain my darling Ellie as she gets older.

-ED