Thursday, January 17, 2008

Kid's Cute Valentine's

1.These are hearts (to cut good hearts trace around a cookie cutter) cut out of construction paper.
2. Cut a big white circle and a smaller black circle for the eyes a glued them on to the heart.
3. Use a marker for eye lashes and mouth.
4. With a hole puncher, punch holes on the side of the heart and on the bottom, for the arms and legs to be attached.
5. Thread the pipe stem cleaners through the holes, 1 pipe stem cleaner for the arms and one for the legs.
6. Next cut smaller hearts for the feet and hands. Bend the pipe stem through the holes in the smaller hearts.
7. Glue a sign to the hand. Our signs say: I've got my eye on you and Eye'm glad you're my friend.



This is made with a plastic shovel, candy wrapped in Saran Wrap, red ribbon and

I found both these ideas in old Family Fun Magazine.

18 comments:

Andrea said...

Another fun idea! I LOVE that shovel one! haha...so cute and fun! And i have some great news for you too!! You won the Straplette's giveaway on my blog from this past week!! So if you could email me your full name and address I'll pass that right along and they'll get it sent out to you right away! :) (andraya3[at]yahoo[dot]com) Congrats!

Jennifer said...

As always, thanks for the wonderful ideas!

Are You Serious! said...

Love the shovel idea!

MamaGeek said...

You NEVER (EVER) cease to amaze me. I love that shovel idea, that is truly PERFECT.

Leanne said...

They are so cute! I too am a fan of the shovel idea...it's easy!

Melissa said...

Loving that shovel. Holy cow, you really have given me all of the ideas for Hope's VDay party! Thanks!

Family O'Foxes said...

We made the top one and got great responses last year when we handed them out! :)

I'll have to show you sometime what we created so far for this year.

~Amy

Family Adventure said...

I love the hearts.....so cute!

Heidi

Big D said...

The Valentine's are SO cute! :-) (thanks for visiting my blog!)

Beth said...

Eye heart you and I dig you too!

Don Mills Diva said...

You are just so creative! Very cool ideas - thanks.

Jen said...

Such fun ideas....I cant wait to get some of this stuff and start on it...I loved the shovel idea the best.

Rhonda said...

Well, aren't those neat?! Nice post! Have a gr8 weekend!

Melanie said...

Those are so adorable! At what age did you start doing these kinds of things with your kids? I want to start doing more than coloring with my 15 month old, but I'm just not sure what to start with.

Livin' With Me

Annikke said...

These are sooooo adorable! How fun!

Bonnie said...

That shovel has got to be one of the cutest things I've ever seen !!!

Katy said...

Those are soo cute! Thank you for sharing! :)

Peggy said...

wow, what great ideas for Valentine's crafts! thanks! Do you homeschool?