Wednesday, January 16, 2008

My Two Favorite Kids Books


These are two of my favorite kids books.
Guess How Much I Love You, is such a sweet book about how a little bunny wants to tell the bigger bunny how much he loves him.
This book has a special place in my heart because my son, Colton , always plays this game with me. He says, " Mom I love all around the universe to the moon and back 5 million, gazzion, jillion times," and I reply to him," I love you 6 million, gazzion, jillion times." And we keep going back and forth. He never realizes as long as he goes first, I can always get one more than him. After we go back and forth for about 5 minutes my oldest son chimes in with, I love you for infinity, infinity,infinity. He thinks he is cool when he uses big words like that.
Even when I am a very old women, I will always remember how Colton and I tried to always out do each other on how much we love each other. So this book will always have a special place in my heart.




The second book, Love You Forever, is another great book. First let me start by asking,"Am I the only one who can not read this book without crying?" It does not matter how many times I read this book, I can not get through it without crying. I am tearing up right now just thinking about. And no it is not my time of the month.
I use to read it all the time to my older kids, and I always would get "Why are you crying Mom?"
So I put the book away and have not read it for a while. So the other day I was reading a post and it made me think of this book. So I pulled it out and read it to my 2 younger kids. I said to myself I will not cry, it is silly to cry because I know what is going to happen. So I read it and it made me cry again. This is a great book that I think would touch any mom's heart.











If you have not read either of these book I definitely recommend them both. What are some of your favorite kid books? And why.

24 comments:

MamaGeek said...

I love the first book. Big Nutbrown Hare is forever my son's favorite character. I haven't heard of the second one, but if you recommended it, I'm on it!

OhCaptain said...

Don't tell anyone but I got a little misty at the end of "Love You Forever". That's an excellent book. Even Dad's can have trouble reading that one all the way through.

Jennifer said...

I love both of those and have them both. I love the second one, but can't read it very often!

Are You Serious! said...

Those are good books!

Kristina said...

Yup, I cry, too. Another book I love is Even Firefighters Hug Their Moms by Christine Kole MacLean.

Don Mills Diva said...

I do cry over Love You Forever but at the same time I am creeped out by the mom driving across town with a ladder strapped to her car so she can climb in her adult son's room and rock him while he sleeps - can you imagine if that was your mother-in-law? Yikes!

My Goodness said...

I'll have to look into getting those...we LOVE books! :)

Mango Marie said...

OMG...I LOVE both of those books. I received them as a gift right after Zach was born.

Tissues, please?

MommyKnows said...

Robert Munsch RAWKS!

MK

Pennies In My Pocket said...

I have about 4 or 5 Guess How Much I Love You books that were given to me when baby was born. I LOVE IT!! I haven't heard of Love You Forever....I think I'll go on Amazon and buy it. I want a book as special as that. I just know I'll cry, too! I get so emotional when it comes to love with my baby.

~melody~

Corey~living and loving said...

we have both...I havne't read the second one to Sugar yet, as it totally makes me bawl. LOL

Family Adventure said...

My kids are a little older...we are into the naughty Horrid Henry books for B boy (Horrible Harry, I think, in the US) and Harry Potter and the like for Christopher. I did, however, read many of these when my kids were younger and loved them all. One book that stands out, that my boys absolutely adored was
Harry Maclary from Donaldson's Dairy

If you need a new book, this would be my recommendation :)

Heidi

Beth said...

I can't even think about "Love You Forever" without wanting to cry. In fact, I am tearing up right now just typing this comment.

Jennifer said...

I found this one at a yard sale for 25 cents, and it is so wonderful. It's by Max Lucado and it's called "Just in Case you Ever Wonder". It talks about how God made the child, chose the parents, how the parents love them and are there even if they have a bad day etc. At the end it talks about heaven and how wonderful it is, and how the parent will be there forever too, just in case you ever wonder....I just love it!

Lizzy in the Burbs said...

Hi, There!

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment, I love hearing from people!

Oh, you asked a hard question here, but I'd have to say my all time favorite children's book is "The Giving Tree" by Shel Silverstein. I really love "Love You Forever", also, excellent choice!

BTW, I wish you had been around when my kids were younger and I had to run the Valentine's Day party at school, those heart animals would have been a great craft to do! So creative! Your chicken recipe sounds delicious, too. I'll be back to see what other ideas you have! Take care!

Lizzy

Steph said...

Both of these books were given to me several times over and I love them. My son asks me why I am sad when I read Love You Forever, it is a great book though and one day hopefully my kids will read it to their kids and understand why mommy used to get so sad.

girlymom said...

We have both of these books and love 'em! They are really touching and I know the kids feel the love and happiness when we read them together.
I will second your recommendation.

Thanks for visiting me today, it's nice to meet you. I have seen you on a few blog comments here and there.

Renee's Reading Corner said...

My kids loved these books when they were younger! I still get misty eyed reading "Love You Forever".

Renee'
http://rmboys2.wordpress.com/

Melanie said...

I love both of those books. And I always, always cry over "Love You Forever"

One of my newest favorites is called "God Gave Us You" by Lisa Tawn Bergren. I highly recommend it!

Livin' With Me

Amber said...

I have so loved reading your blog and reading your kind comments on mine. Would you mind if I added you to my blogroll?

Pam said...

I like both those books too! I don't know that I have a favorite, I like so many children's books!

Melissa said...

I cannot get thru love you forever without crying! My lamaze teacher read it to our class when i was pregnant with my firstborn. Tears!!

Michelle said...

The First Book is wonderful as is I love you forever.I do get teary eyed reading it as it's so sweet.I also love the Sandra Boynton books.The Alfie and Annie Rose books are fabulous.

Katy said...

i absolutely LOVE both those books as well!!! They are sooo sweet! We have both! (my mom bought them for us...they are her faves too!) :)