Thursday, January 10, 2008

Pudding Cones and Heart Shape Brownies

We had this dessert the other night and we all loved it. YUMMY!!! Is it too cold for ice cream but your kids still want some? This is a yummy alternative. These are kid -friendly-yummy cones. Sorry I could not get a good picture of it. Some day I will learn to use my camera.

Pudding Cones This recipe is from The Quick Cooking Magazine

Plan ahead, they need to chill.

1 1/2 cups of cold milk
1 package (3.4 oz) of French vanilla or Vanilla Pudding.
(I am also going to try chocolate)
3 envelopes whipped topping mix. ( I used 2 and it worked great)
8 cake ice cream cones, any will do
Some kind of topping: jimmies, sprinkles, nuts and candy bar pieces or your choice


In a mixing bowl, beat milk and pudding on low speed for 2 minutes. Blend in whipped topping mix, cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Spoon 1/4 cup into each cone: sprinkle with topping.
Serves 8.

I found this recipe in the Taste of Homes, Quick Cooking Magazine.











I broke down and made the heart shaped brownies. I thought I would show you how it turned out. I frosted the brownies and decorated them with different Hersey Kisses.

19 comments:

Are You Serious! said...

Very cute ideas. Love the brownies with the hershey kisses...

Andrea said...

Those are such fun ideas! I love blogs that give me creative ideas since I'm not too creative myself! ;) And both the cones and the cake look SOOO yummy! :)

Rachel said...

That's adorable!
I've done the heart brownie and decorated it with cream cheese icing and crushed peppermints and also done it with red hots.
Yours is adorable!!
Those cones are such a fun idea.
What cold? It was 80 degrees today!

Melissa said...

That brownie would last about two seconds in my house. I wonder if that pudding cone could be done low fat/no fat. That might have some possibilities for me and the hubs. Thanks!

Family O'Foxes said...

you are so creative...i just love you!!!

I wish you I had the energy right now to do all that you do.

~Amy

My Goodness said...

blasted diet....
one day I'll try these things!!!!

Melanie said...

I love these ideas. You are just so creative.

I've added you to the Blogaholics blogroll. Welcome to the club.
Livin' With Me

MamaGeek said...

So does your family realize just how creatively cool you are? WOW, every night is divine night at your house! I love it!

Beth said...

Yum, yum and more yum!

Jennifer said...

Those brownies look so good! I don't know when you get time to do anything else!

Mishelle said...

You are officially THE MOST FUN EVER!!!

Nap Warden said...

The heart shaped brownies look terrific!

Jen said...

You have got the best ideas. I bought my brownie mix today and thought we may do it this weekend....Hershey kisses add alot...great thinking.

Steph said...

Ok if my kids came to your house they woudl never want to leave, how do you do it?

suburbancorrespondent said...

That brownie heart looks delicious!

Thanks for stopping by my blog...

Kellan said...

More great recipes and ideas for kids - love them. Have a good weekend. Kellan

Melissa Goodsell said...

These are fabulous ideas - Ilove the heart shaped brownies, so pretty.
Melx

Pam said...

Yummy, yummy, YUM! I should try this with my daughter!

Pennies In My Pocket said...

SOooooooooooooooooooo cute!!! I just love all your goodies!! Passing this one onto friends. I just cannot wait until our little pumpkin is old enough for this fun stuff!
~melody~