Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Slow Cooking Thursday

Sandra from Diary Of A Stay-At-Home-Mom is hosting Slow Cooking Thursday. And here is a link to a lot of slow cooker recipes.

I just got my Kraft Food and Family Magazine and they have a recipe I am excited to try.

Slow-Cooker Orange BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwiches

Prep 10 min / total 8 hours 10 minute

1 boneless pork shoulder (3lbs)
1 bottle 18 oz. Kraft Original BBQ Sauce
Juice from 1 orange
1/2 cup Kraft Mayo Real Mayonnaise
12 sandwich rolls, toasted

Place meat in slow cooker, top with BBQ sauce and orange juice. Cover with lid.
Cook on low for 8 to 10 hours (or on high 4 to 6 hours). Remove meat from slow cooker, cut into small pieces or shred with fork. return meat to slow cooker. Stir until meat is evenly coated with BBQ sauce mixture.
Put on roll with Mayo.

Makes 12 servings.

To jazz it up: add 1 tsp grated orange peel in with the BBQ sauce and orange juice.

I also have a cute dessert posted but it does not involve a Crockpot.


Barbara said...

I've made this a few times but I just dump bbq sauce on the pork and cook it and then shred it still in the slow cooker. Maybe I'm lazy or maybe efficient ;+) It freezes and microwaves well for later. Add coleslaw and I can pretend I'm at the annual chicken and rib cookoff.

MJ said...

Thi slooks very good! Thanks for sharing!


Rachel said...

Yum, Yum!
I'm a slow cooker fanatic! What a brilliant idea!

Beth said...

Mmm...sounds good for a chilly, rainy day! Pork roasts come on sale and I never know for sure what to do with them.

I found your blog via the W-S Journal article, BTW.

Crafts and Gift Guru Gal said...

jenn, this recipe looks fabulous, my mouth is watering and I just ate breakfast :)

annie said...

I love making this one too!
Hope your Thursday is blessed!

Michelle said...

This sounds so good thanks for sharing..Have a great day.

Becca L. said...

Hmm, I've never heard of adding the orange juice. It sounds really tasty!

Renee's Reading Corner said...

This sounds wonderful!
Thanks for sharing.


Pam said...

I saw this recipe in the Kraft mag too, and it looked yummy!

Mari said...

This looks good - I like the idea of the orange flavor in it. Thanks for posting.
PS - the bug cake is adorable!

Sandra said...

Sorry I'm so late getting to everyone :)

This looks SO good, I can not wait to try :)