Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Slow Cooking Thursday


I love this recipe. It is simple and yummy. This is from my Fix-it-and Forget-it 5 ingredients favorite Cookbook.

Bacon-Feta Stuffed Chicken

1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
1/4 cup crumbled cooked bacon
4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
2- 14 1/2 oz. cans diced tomatoes
1 Tbsp. dried basil

1. In a small bowl, mix bacon and cheese together lightly.
2. Cut a pocket in the thicker side of each breast. Fill each with 1/4 of bacon and cheese. Pinch shut and secure with toothpick.
3. Place chicken in slow cooker. Top with tomatoes and sprinkle with basil.
4. Cover and cook on High for 1 1/2 hours to 3 hours, or until chicken is tender, but not dry or mushy.

11 comments:

MJ said...

This looks different and good. Thanks for sharing.


MJ

Don Mills Diva said...

I am going to cut and paste this onto a word document and take it home. I am always looking for something a little different for my crock pot so something with bacon and feta cheese? JACKPOT.

Beth said...

You are bringing some of this over when you come this afternoon, right?

It sounds delicious!

Melissa said...

Mmmm....that looks so good. Kind of a new twist on one of my favorites, Chicken Cordon Bleu. I think I'll have to make this!

Crafts and Gift Guru Gal said...

yummy~ some good hot slow cooking sounds good right now with the cold "snowy" weather. We got snow! but it's not enough to accumulate...

Renee's Reading Corner said...

This sounds great! I'm bookmarking it. Thanks for sharing.

Renee'
http://rmboys2.wordpress.com/

Org Junkie said...

Oh my that sounds good!

Mari said...

I'll be trying this - it looks great!

Pam said...

I love slow cooker recipes!

Sandra said...

Wow this looks good, I've saved it :)

Jen said...

Love love love feta cheese...this is a must try.