Tuesday, January 1, 2008
On Wednesdays Scribbit holds a Winter Bazaar where, "In January she'll be posting general activities for kids, New Year's tips, some fun games she has found, all kinds of things to help deep, dark January be more fun. Have you got a fun family game? An easy kid-helper recipe? Ideas for helping with New Year's resolutions? Fun activities for winter play? " You should join in.
My idea is: Home-Made Ice Cream
Even though it is winter my kids still like ice cream. We make home made ice cream.
This is a fun activity that will keep them busy, for a little while at least.
1 cup of whole milk or 2% milk
1 cup of half and half
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla
about 2 lbs of ice
1 cup of course salt
You will also need: 1 quart sized baggie that seals, 1 gallon baggie that seals or a large coffee can
and duct tape
1. In a bowl mix milk, half and half, vanilla and sugar.
2.Pour mixture in the quart sized baggie.
3. Squeeze out air and seal baggie with duct tape, so it does not leak.
4. Put quart sized baggie into the gallon sized bag or coffee can. Fill it with ice, 1 cup of course salt and a little water.
5. Squeeze out air from the big bag and seal it with duct tape.
6. Now shake the baggie or roll the can for 10 minutes.
7. Cut the corners off the quart sized bag and serve.
I also have added chocolate syrup to make chocolate ice cream.
Winter Bazzar- Home Made Ice Cream