Monday, February 18, 2008

Colton's Friend Party









This weekend was busy, we had Colton's friend birthday party. I did not go all out, but I do think the kids had fun. First, we had Colton's friend Peter spend the night on Friday night.


In the morning before the other guest arrived Peter and my kids have a silly string fight. They had so much fun.











When the friends arrived,they could either decorate their treat bag that they would be needing for later or just play.


Once the party got started the boys painted and decorated wooden cars, while the girls made princess crowns and wands.

Then we had lunch and ice cream and cup cakes. This is suppose to be a tranformer cake made from cupcakes.
Colton opened his presents.
After that came a game my kids just love. My husband and I blew up about 40 ballons that I had stuffed with little toys. The kids need to pop the balloons any way they can to get the prizes out. The kids always have so much fun popping the balloons.
Then I handed out treat bags.

That some how took over 2 hours.

I do not usually take a lot of picures during parties because I always seem too busy.

post signature

31 comments:

Andrea said...

That sounds like SO much fun! Especially the silly string fight! hehe. :) I'll definitely have to keep these idea in mind for when Tate gets a bit older!

Brittany said...

The cake looked so cute! I love that idea, honesty. :) I think it turned out better than making an actual cake!

FUN!

Mari said...

I like the ballon idea. I bet the kids enjoyed that! The silly string always is a hit!

Beth said...

I think I already told you what Sarah said when we were leaving..."That was the bestest party ever!"

Melissa said...

Sounds like a load of fun!! The cake is great!

Melissa said...

That sounds like fun! I love silly string :) And I like the balloon idea.

Melanie said...

That looks like a great time!
Livin' With Me

Bonnie said...

That transfomers cake is so cool !! My Jono (6) would loooove a cake like that ... files away mental note for 7th birthday in November.

Maggie said...

So fun -- I love the silly string!

. . . Dallas Meow . . . . >^^< . . . said...

I want that transformer cupcake cake on MY birthday please ;)

Skittles said...

I want to make a princess crown, too!!! :)

You're more than welcome to join my Heads Or Tails meme ya know. :)

Christine said...

Sounds like you guys had fun!

Sandra said...

What a cute cake :) Looks like everyone had a lot of fun!

Blogget Jones said...

I loooove cupcake cakes! And yours turned out SO great! What a fun party....looks like a good time was had by all!

:o) BJ

Jennifer said...

sounds like fun!

Jen said...

Sounds like you all had loads of fun. I love kid parties.

Annikke said...

The party sounds like a good one! I love the balloon game... I will have to do that for our next party!

Are You Serious! said...

♥ I love the balloon idea!

Family Adventure said...

Sounds like the perfect party! Good job, and thanks for sharing!

Heidi :)

Amy said...

That looks like a really fun party! Great job!

Lauren@Baseballs&Bows said...

That sounds like fun! I love the balloon idea!

MamaGeek said...

What fun! And those cupcakes? Divine! Can you send me one? PLEASE! Well done!

Stephanie said...

What a great idea adding prizes to the balloons! I never would have thought of that!

*carrie* said...

What a fun party, Jenn! I like the idea of putting little prizes into balloons for the kids to find.

Corey~living and loving said...

looks like a fab party. what a lucky boy.

I do have a ask...were the girls and boys aloud to choose which activity they wanted to do? tee hee....I am a freak about not pigeon holing kids into a gender steriotype. I know Sugar would have prefered to paint the cars. :)

Pam said...

What a fun, fun party! How nice! I will have to try to remember some of these great ideas! I want to attempt to make cupcakes in ice cream cones for Ashlyn's birthday at day care....let's hope it works out!

Michelle said...

It looks like Colton and friends had great fun!! And what fun the ballons must have been..have a great week :)

Joanna said...

Sounds like fun was had by all. I love silly string! And those cupcakes are cute. Hope you are recovering. :)

girlymom said...

I thought you said you didn't go all out! Looks like everyone had a blast!

Nap Warden said...

Looks like fun!

Renee's Reading Corner said...

Sounds like a LOT of fun! I realy like the balloon ideal. Hope your having a great week.

Renee'
http://rmboys2.wordpress.com/