Monday, February 25, 2008

Easter Egg Flower Garden

I am all already for Easter, so get ready for the Easter crafts. You know I just love to use toilet paper rolls for crafts, so this craft is perfect for me. I found this in an old Family Fun Magazine. I think it is so cute and would look great on an Easter table. I will be doing some crafts this week that can be used together to decorate an Easter table. So stay tuned.
For this craft you will need:
Toilet paper roll, Glue, Construction paper, Scissors, Craft foam, Plastic Easter eggs.


First wrap the toilet paper roll with green construction paper (or craft foam)Next print off the copy of the flower template or draw out your own flowers.


After you have copied the template, glue it to a piece of cardboard or paper plate to make the paper more sturdy when tracing it on to the craft foam or construction paper. Also your can save that template for next year.

Trace the template on to the craft foam and cut. Next trace a hole in the center of the flower petals. Use the toilet paper roll as your guide and cot out the hole. If you are using craft foam the circle does not have to be to exact because the foam stretches. But if you are using construction paper make the circle a little bigger to make sure it fits over the roll with out ripping.

Put the colored petals on top of the green.




Now glue the 1/2 the egg on top or if you do not want to use an easter egg you can use pom-poms.










post signature


22 comments:

Melissa said...

Those are so cool!

Mari said...

Those are so cute! I love Family Fun magazine and have subscribed to it for quite a while. Even though my kids are too old for this stuff, I still like to look at it!

Brittany said...

fun fun fun!

Andrea said...

Aww! Those are adorble...I really need to start saving some toilet paper rolls for all these cute crafts!

Melissa said...

How cute are those!! You are just so unbelieveably crafty!!

Jennifer said...

Cute! I can't wait to see all you Easter crafts. I am looking for an Easter basket craft for preschool so they can put their eggs in after their hunt. We usually use gallon milk jugs and cut them, but if you have another easier idea, we would love it!

Pam said...

How cute!! next time I need a project for school...I'm calling you!

Are You Serious! said...

♥ Toilet paper rolls are definately easy to come by! :) Very cute...

Beth said...

These are great! I might have to keep these in mind to use as a preschool Easter party craft. Very cute!

Family Adventure said...

Again, super cute! :)

Heidi

Amy said...

MORE toilet roll crafts? You amaze me! Can't wait to see what else you come up with.

Family O'Foxes said...

super cute and fun looking! :)

~Amy

Lauren@Baseballs&Bows said...

These are ADORABLE. My best girl will love them!

Annikke said...

These are so cute! I like the race cars from yesterday too! I know what we'll be doing this weekend!

Melanie said...

Those are so cute! You are the queen of crafy ideas!!

Nan Patience said...

"You know I just love to use toilet paper rolls for crafts"

No, I didn't know that.

Teachin' this mommy new tricks! said...

OH my gosh those are super cute! My daughter isnt old enough but I still might do them myself! :)

Joanna said...

Omg! You might want to think about getting a website and selling this stuff for us lazy moms who have no talent. Too cute!

Jen said...

You should have your own show or something...your crafts are just great.

Stephanie said...

So crafty! I could never think up something like that. Fun!

MamaGeek said...

Once again, you never CEASE TO AMAZE ME. Those are so fun and cute!

Nap Warden said...

You have just the cutest ideas!