Wednesday, February 6, 2008

More Kid- Made Valentine's


Scribbit's Winer Bazaar.


At my daughter's school we are not allowed to make any home edible treats and everyone always gives out candy that we end up throwing out. So I went to the Dollar Store and got Valentine pencils, 12 for a $1 and attached our Valentine's to a pencil. Cheap and easy on the teeth. Caity wanted to make them, so she made 1/2 and I made the other 1/2. Here is what we did.

This is a foam heart shape that we outlined in glitter. The pencils are wrapped with a pipe stem cleaner.
The message says, " You're the Write One!!" and You're Are Write for Me" I got this idea from Family Fun.









This one is my favorite. It is stripes of paper folded over and glued together with a heart in the center.


















These are butterflies my daughter glued to the pencils.

















Just simple heart designs.



















I also think the mouse turned out cute.




















The piggy.











The Kitty.





DLTK also has other cute ideas.

post signature

10 comments:

girlymom said...

These are great. I have my 5 year old home from school today and we are going to do the heart wreaths. I need something to keep her busy and she loves cutting out hearts. Thanks!!! ;)

Melissa said...

How adorable are those. Hmm, I still have time, maybe we'll have to make up some of these!

Sue said...

What a good idea. I think we will do this.

Your crafts are so easy, I love it.

Michelle said...

Hi Jen ;=) Thanks again for the great idea!!!we'll have to make these today as her dad is home from work.

Are You Serious! said...

♥ Very cute! My daughter would love this...

Scribbit said...

Love the fat cat--my personal favorite! And pencils are a good idea if you can't do sweets.

Pam said...

I seriously want to be you when I grow up! I hope that some parents of my 2nd graders are as smart as you and do something so great and candyless!

Sheila said...

More great ideas!

I just wanted to let you know that I linked to your conversation hearts ideas on my blog - Dodging Raindrops.

Sharon said...

I love these ideas! I am definitely going to have to try some of these with my daughter. :)

Amanda said...

Those are just too cute for words. I can see my daughter doing those. I'll have to remember this.

I love your blog - it's so pretty! :) I'll be back!