Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Slow Cooking Thursday-Upside Down Chocolate Pudding Cake

Upside Down Chocolate Pudding Cake

This recipe came from Fix It and Forget It 5 Ingredient Favorites


This is so yummy !!! It made my whole house smell like chocolate. Then to have a warm cake with a warm chocolate sauce over it , was terrific. My kids and husband loved it. We finished the whole pot in one sitting. The only thing that would make it perfect is to serve it with vanilla ice cream.

Ingredients:

1 cup dry all-Purpose baking mix
1 cup sugar, divided
3 Tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder, plus 1/3 cup divided
1/2 cup milk
1 tsp. vanilla
1 2/3 cups hot water


1. Spray inside os slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray.
2. In a bowl, mix together baking mix, 1/2 cup sugar, 3 Tbsp. cocoa powder, milk, and vanilla. Spoon batter evenly into slow cooker.
3. In a clean bowl, mix remaining 1/2 cup sugar, 1/3 cup cocoa powder, and hot water together. Pour over batter in slow cooker. Do not stir.
4. Cover and cook on High 2-3 hours or until toothpick inserted in center of cak-y part comes out clean.

Tip: The batter will rise and turn into cake. Underneath will be a rich chocolate pudding.

This is what it looks like finished in the slow cooker.
This is what it looks like served on a plate. I know, my husband told me what it looked like but it taste delious.

For more Great Slower Cooker Recipes go and see Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom. She always has great recipes.

post signature

35 comments:

Melissa said...

Looks like Tastefully Simple Ugly Cake...though I'll bet it tastes better.

Brittany said...

wow. that looks so good. I like messy cake!

Melissa said...

mmmmmmm that looks really good!

Pam said...

Oh, I bet that tastes divine!

Are You Serious! said...

It sounds so easy to make! I've been loving all the crock pot recipes lately! So easy...

tommie said...

That looks so easy! I have seen this done in the Pampered Chef steamer thingy.

Mari said...

Tell your husband it looks good! I'll have to try it - thanks!

MamaGeek said...

YUM-O. Another classic!

My Goodness said...

Oh my goodness...I want that cake, like, yesterday!! YUM!!

Melanie said...

Yummy!! I must try this one.
Our Happy Happenings
Livin' With Me

Joanna said...

Oh that looks good!

I left something for ya on my blog.

Steph said...

Yummy I am going to try that this weekend.

Renee's Reading Corner said...

This sounds and looks delicious! Thanks for sharing!

Renee'
http://rmboys2.wordpress.com/

Aimee said...

I LOVE your blog! I keep coming back for more - kind of like a bad habit! :) Love the crafts and recipes! Can't wait to try this one!

Beth said...

Wow, that looks good! That's a really simple recipe, too, I'm going to have to try that sometime soon.

*carrie* said...

What a great idea--dessert in a crockpot. Looks yummy!

Crockpot Lady said...

I made this this week!
I'm glad to see that yours is kind of gooey too. I was pretty sure we measured wrong.
yum! I love the smell of baking chocolate.
xo
steph

Sandra said...

Oh man, this looks SO good. Can't wait to try this one.

Michelle said...

i too have the cookbook.yeah!!! later today i;m making it!!! thanks for the blog visit yesterday.. :) have a great day.

{Karla} said...

oh yeah! Mama's makin' this tomorrow!!

Thanks for the yummy recipe!

Blessings,
K

Betsy said...

I am hungry now!

Teachin' this mommy new tricks! said...

I love how you have so many slow cooker recipes. I love using mine and am always trying to find new recipes

Jen said...

This looks wonderful.....I'm bookmarking it...

Family Adventure said...

Must.Get.A.Crockpot.Now.

Heidi

Amber M. said...

There's an awrd for you over at my blog! Happy Thursday!

Lizzy in the Burbs said...

Oh, that looks sinful! I'm trying so hard to stay on my diet, that really isn't helping! :-) I'm sure I would absolutely LOVE it, but then again, so would my thighs and my rediculously big boot-tay!

Lizzy

Jennifer said...

I {heart} crock pot recipes. I usually mess anything up that isn't meat, but with this one - who would know :) Do you think one of those crock pot liners would help?

Thank you for stopping by my blog, too!

Jen
http://www.bigbinder.wordpress.com

Eleisia said...

Warm chocolate pudding cake is so good.

Eleisia at
http://chrysanthemoms.com/inthekitchen/

Lauren@Baseballs&Bows said...

This looks fantastic, and I have all the ingredients on hand. Thanks!

Nap Warden said...

Looks tasty!

Heidi @ GGIP said...

I love bisquick stuff. I can't believe how easy this looks!!!

Pam said...

Ashlyn loves all things chocolate...I will have to make this for her!

4funboys said...

I can't wait to try this... it' looks really yummy! Thanks.

Jennifer said...

I made this today. I used a liner, it worked out great! Thanks!! It's a good one to make with kids!

4funboys said...

this was sooooo yummy, and very easy!

thanks