Thursday, February 21, 2008

Slow Cooking Thursday

My family really enjoys this recipe. It is one that is good for just the family or if you are having guest.

Chicken in Sour Cream Sauce

1 1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/4 teaspoon paprika
1/4 teaspoon lemon pepper seasoning
6 bone in chicken breast halves removed
1 can (10 3/4 oz) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
1 cup (8oz) sour cream
1/2 cup dry white wine or chicken broth
1/2 lb fresh mushrooms sliced

Combine the first 4 ingredients; rub over chicken. Place in slow cooker. In a bowl, combine soup, sour cream and wine or broth; stir in mushrooms. Pour over chicken. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until chicken juices run clear. Thicken the sauce if desired.
Makes 6 servings.

I also want to share a really good recipe I made for my MOPS group this week. It is not a slow cooker recipe but it is very good and easy. You can make it for a breakfast or an appetizer.

Smokey Bacon Wraps

1 lb sliced bacon
1 package(16oz) miniature sausage links
1 cup brown sugar

Cut each bacon strip in half widthwise. Wrap one piece of bacon around each sausage. Place in a foil-lined 15 in x 10 in x 1 in baking pan. Sprinkle with brown sugar. Bake, uncovered at 400 for 30-40 minutes or until bacon is crisp and sausage is heated through.

So many people asked me for this recipe, these things are sooooo yummy.

Guys I am so I am behind on blogging, I hope to catch up soon. Hope you are having a great week.



post signature

29 comments:

Christy said...

Thanks for posting your smokey bacon wraps recipe. I wanted to ask you for it at the MOPS meeting but of course, I got side tracked. They were delicious!

Beth said...

The slow cooker recipe sounds good. I am definitely going to have to try it.

And you know how I feel about the smokey bacon wraps. YUM YUM YUM
How many times can I say YUM...

Those things were delicious and I love that they only have three ingredients. I wish I had em heaped up on a plate rightnow. YUM!

girlymom said...

Wow, these sound great. Thanks for sharing these!

Melissa said...

Both recipes sound yummy! Thanks for sharing.

girlymom said...

Do you mind if I copy these on my recipe blog...linked to you?

Meg said...

We love the sour cream recipe....we have it about twice a month. You can't go wrong with it!

Amber M. said...

I'm excited to try the sour cream one...sounds delish!

Jennifer said...

wow, they both sound good. you are a woman of many talents!

Are You Serious! said...

♥ I'm going to try your chicken sour cream! Thanks for the recipe!

Pennies In My Pocket said...

The hubby and I were just talking about how we need to use our slow cooker more. This sounds so good.

Oh and anything bacon wrapped is fabulous!!!

~melody~

Crockpot Lady said...

these recipes sound wonderful!
I'm totally intrigued by the bacon one. I have turkey bacon in the freezer.
-steph

MJ said...

This looks good. Thanks for sharing!


MJ

Renee's Reading Corner said...

Both of these recipes sounds wonderful! I can't wait to try them. Have a great week!

Renee'
http://rmboys2.wordpress.com/

Mari said...

I have a similar chicken recipe but it goes in the oven. I'm sure this is great because we love the one. The smokey bacon wraps look good too! Thanks.

MamaGeek said...

I've had the bacon wraps before - they are awesome! I'm definitely going to do the first one. Sounds awesome.

Ribbon Rock Star said...

Both of these sound awesome!

Linda

Brittany said...

You seem to always make me hungry!! The sour cream chicken sounds wonderful!

4funboys said...

yum!! I'm always looking for good recipe's that can go in the crock pot; especially during baseball season because we have 6 teams starting next week...

Andrea said...

Sounds good...but for some reason my husband is not a fan of sour cream...oh well. Maybe I won't tell him it's in the recipe! haha. :)

Pam said...

You know I love recipes! Thanks so much for sharing!!

Sandra said...

Oh man........these look so good! Smokey Bacon Wraps....YUM!

Dana a/k/a Sunshine said...

These recipes look good! I may have to try one of them. Especially the smoky bacon wraps. No calories, right? ha ha

Eleisia said...

The chicken in sour cream sauce is sooo good! I've made a similar recipe and love the flavor.

The smokey bacon wraps are making my mouth water! They would be perfect for a brunch.

Eleisia at
http://chrysanthemoms.com/inthekitchen

Nap Warden said...

Sounds really good!

Lizzy in the Burbs said...

Both of my sons love bacon and sausage, so I have a feeling they will go crazy over those wraps! I think I'll try them this weekend! The chicken recipe sounds great to me, also, but I have a picky husband who doesn't like things in a gravy type sauce of any kind, so I don't think I'll be making that for him. I'll have to try it when he is out of town on business! :)

Lizzy

Joanna said...

Sounds good! Makes my mouth water.

Annikke said...

I cant wait to try the chicken this weekend! Every recipe I have tried of yours is SO delicious!

Melanie said...

That sounds delicious! And I love slow cooker recipes.
Our Happy Happenings
Livin' With Me

Michelle said...

oh this looks so good and if it's a family favorite even better!!!! I hope that you are feeling better :)thanks for the blog visit...