Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Easy Easter Bunny Food Holder and How The Easter Bunny Became Famous



I read this in Family Fun Magazine.

Tales of the Bunny , How He Became Famous

In America, the Easter Bunny did not become a symbol of Easter until after the Civil War. Although the custom was brought to the United States by German immigrants in the 18th century, the Puritans and other religious groups paid a little attention to the silly rabbit. After the Civil War, however, the fertile hare - and Easter celebrations - became a source of inspiration and hope for bereaved Americans.

Easy Easter Bunny Food Holder




I made a Reindeer Food holder for Christmas, so I thought I would take that idea and turn it in to an Easter project.
I was thinking you could take the carrot shaped cone and place it on the front door with some carrots, celery or lettuce in it for the Easter Bunny to eat. The Easter bunny needs to keep up his strength to deliver all those baskets and eggs.



This is construction paper folded into a cone shape and stapled. Next, cut green construction paper to look like grass and glued it to the inside. I used a pipe stem cleaner for the handle.





post signature

15 comments:

Maggie said...

Cute! Where do you get all of your fabulous ideas?!

Brittany said...

Super cute!!! :)

Nap Warden said...

Cute!

Andrea said...

Those are so adorable!

Melissa said...

That is so odd. Hope was just telling us tonight that we needed to leave a snack for the Easter Bunny..looks like we'll be doing it in style!

Melanie said...

How cute are those!! Love it.
Livin' With Me

tommie said...

very cute! I'll have to add it to the rainy day activity list.

Are You Serious! said...

♥ That was very interesting. I didn't know that about the civil war! :)

Sandra said...

Goodness your crafts just get better and better, that's it, I'm going to come get you and make you stay at my house for a week just whipping these cuties up. LOL

david mcmahon said...

I didn't know that about the Easter Bunny - he's a 40-carat (er, 40-carrot??) invention in my book!

The Boyds Family said...

Very Cute!! We'll fill ours with chocolate - I happen to know that the Easter Bunny LOVES chocolate! ;)

MommyKnows said...

Great idea and looks simple enough to make with my toddler.

MK

Rachel said...

That looks just like our chandelier in our breakfast nook!! Such cute crafts!

My Ice Cream Diary said...

Cute, simple, tossable, giveable, and simple, the requirements for any craft I do with the kids. Love it!

Ann(ie) said...

Those are stinkin adorable!!