I also wanted to say my husband started working this week. Yeah!!!! We made it. I know we did fine in great part because of all your prayers and well wishes. Thank you so much. I love all my bloggy friends so much. Now on to Slow Cooking Thursday.
For more great recipes got to Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom.
I have two recipes today. I made both on Monday and it was a good and easy dinner.
I made Hot Ham Sandwiches and Black Forest Cake.
Hot Ham Sandwiches
( I cut this recipe in half for my family)
from Quick Cooking, Taste of Home's Magazine
3 lbs thinly sliced deli ham ( about 40 slices)
2 cups apple juice
2/3 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup sweet pickle relish
2 teaspoons prepared mustard
1 teaspoon paprika
12 kaiser rolls. split
additional sweet pickle relish, optional
Separate ham slices and place in a slow cooker. In a bowl, combine the apple juice, brown sugar, relish, mustard and paprika. Pour over ham. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until heated through. Place 3-4 slices of ham on each roll. Serve with additional relish if desired. Serves :12
I served this with Cole Slow, Potato Salad and Veggies with Dip.
For Dessert we had:
Black Forest Cake
From Fix it and Forget it 5 ingredient favorites
20 oz can cherry filling (Lite or regular)
18.25 Box Chocolate cake mix, butter style
That is it 2 ingredients, love it.
1. Preheat slow cooker on High for 10 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, spray interior of baking insert, designed to fit into your slow cooker with non stick cooking spray.
3. In a bowl, stir together pie filling and cake mix until mix is throughly moistened. Spoon into insert.
4. Place insert into slow cooker. Cover insert with 8 paper towels. Cover slow cooker.
5. Cook on High for 1 3/4 hours. Remove paper towels and cooking lid. Continue cooking for another 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
6. Remove baking insert from cooker. Serve cake warm directly from the insert.