Sunday, March 16, 2008

What Happens To All My Crafts? And Some Quick Cheap Easter Decorating !

I have been asked, " How I store all my finished crafts?" Well, simply I don't. Before my blog, I would save some of the real good ones and take pictures of the others. But I simply can not keep all these projects around. That was one reason I started my blog, to save my ideas and my kids projects, with out taking up space in my house.


What happens is we make all the crafts for the holidays and dispaly them (like in the picture below), post them on the blog and then throw them away after the holiday. After looking at them for a month we all are sick of looking at the crafts. And now that I have the blog, it is more important to my kids to have the stuff displayed on the blog, instead of saving it in the attic. A lot of our Christmas crafts were displayed on a tree just for home made ornaments and those will be saved for next year.


Easy and Cheap Easter Decorating
Trifle bowl filled with eggs and candle holders with eggs instead of candles.


Cake plate filled with plastic eggs.


Easter baskets filled with plastic eggs.



post signature

19 comments:

Stacia said...

I'm so glad to hear that you don't save every little thing your kids make :-) When my daughter started her little K-2 class last year I had to teach myself what to toss and what to keep...And now that she's doing more this year it is so much easier!! But don't let her catch me throwing anything away...big mistake :-)

Brittany said...

I need to get one of those cake things! I've always wanted one, but never knew how to store it... and now I know how to store it! awesome! Thanks for the ideas!

Melanie said...

That's a great idea to take pictures of the crafts rather than keeping them. I love it!

Kristi said...

I had an other Mom share that she takes pictures of the kid's artwork and saves them that way. I liked that idea very much.

Kellan said...

I have a cake thingy like that - I need to use it for Easter with eggs in it - too cute and idea!!!

Hope you had a good weekend - see you soon. Kellan

Andrea said...

Yeah...I agree. You just can't keep it all - plus, you can make new stuff every year this way! :)

Are You Serious! said...

♥ I like the look of the trifel and cake plate filled with eggs!

Bonnie said...

I'm glad you told us all what you do with all your crafts. Believe it or not I was wondering about that the other day ! Funny how these things pop into our minds ...

Amy said...

Ha! Well, now I won't feel so guilty about not keeping everything :)

Family Adventure said...

It looks beautiful, Jennwa. But I'm glad to read that I'm not the only one who chucks things after a while... :)

Heidi

Christine said...

How nice! I haven't decorated this year at all! I'll be ecstatic if I get around to dyeing eggs with the kids.

Joanna said...

That's a clever idea!

Sandra said...

I want to come live with you LOL

SAHMmy Says said...

I love your Easter decorating ideas! I toss crafts too. And when I make a craft not of my choosing (like at a mom's group) I tend to toss on my way out the door. I enjoy the process but not the clutter :)

*carrie* said...

Thanks for sharing this--I'd wondered that, too. I love the cake plate filled with eggs--what a cute and simple idea!

My Ice Cream Diary said...

Hmmm, I need to go buy more plastic eggs =)

I am a tosser too. I tried to save some of it but after 4 kids one craft project would fill a closet.

Jenn said...

Your table is decorated to so cute for Easter!

I like the idea of taking pictures of the crafts. Thanks for the tip.

Kelli said...

thanks for the ideas, I just came across your blog and LOVE it. I put together the eggs in my cake plate and it looks so nice. Thanks again. Kelli

Michie said...

I love the picture of the Christmas tree with the handmade ornaments! It is beautiful! I love handmade ornaments. My mom and I used to go to Christmas bazaars and look at ornaments and then she'd say, "we can make those" and we'd make them ourselves. Some of them still hang on our tree. It is one of my best memories. I'd like to do that with Paige someday. :)