Monday, March 10, 2008

Yummy Salad !!!


I am busy getting ready for a consignment sale for my MOPS group, so I thought I would just post this great salad recipe I made on Sunday. Even my kids loved this salad. I made a huge amount and we ate every bit except for a few pieces of bread.


It is THE DELUXE CHEESEBURGER SALAD from Pampered Chef. My kids said it taste just like a McDonald's Hamburger. This is my new favorite salad. Yummy!!!


Ingredients:

4 Sesame seed hamburger bun tops

1 small red onion, divided

2 plum tomatoes

3/4 lb 95% lean ground beef (I used ground turkey)

1/2 cup finely diced dill pickles (I used Clausen's)

3/4 cup ketchup

1 Tbsp yellow mustard

8 Cups thinly sliced Romaine lettuce

1 Cup (4 oz) shredded cheddar cheese


1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Slice bun tops into 1/4 strip (if bun tops are very thick, slice bottoms off horizontally before slicing into strips.) Arrange in a single layer on pan. Bake 8-10 minutes or until lightly toasted. Remove to cool.

2. Slice half of the onion crosswise into thin rings. Remove and discard stems from tomatoes; cut tomatoes into quarters lengthwise and slice crosswise. Set onions and tomatoes aside.

3. Cook ground beef over medium high heat 5-7 minutes or until no longer pink, breaking beef into crumbles. Dice remaining onion. In a bowl combine chopped onion, pickles, ketchup, and mustard. Add cooked ground beef, mix well.

4. To serve, arrange lettuce on large sering platter. Spoon beef mixture over lettuce. Top with cheese , tomatoes and sliced onion. Arrange hamburger bun croutons around edge of platter. Serve immediately.


Serves: 6.


post signature

28 comments:

Pam said...

I HAVE to try this! Now I am hungry!

Andrea said...

That does sounds great...cheeseburgers and salad all in one! :)

Mari said...

This sounds like a winner! Thanks for sharing it!

Brittany said...

Oh, I was talking about this salad, with my consultant! She said that it was amazing, as well. Looks like I need to try it!

Melissa said...

Yummy! That looks great! I'm gong to have to make it!

Melissa said...

Interesting, I'll have to give thisone a try.

Nap Warden said...

Crafts and cook to! Will you marry me;)

Maggie said...

My stomach says thanks for that recipe - it looks yummy. My waistline says that it wasn't really looking to expand, but for this it might make an exception...

Michelle said...

oh that looks sooo good...thank you for posting this recipe ..have a great day Jen

Jennifer said...

sounds great!

Beth said...

Ya'll, this really does taste exactly like a cheeseburger! Pampered Chef hit this one out of the park!

I highly recommend this salad! It is delicious!

Marie said...

OH MY GOSH. This sounds heavenly...I'm so having this tonight for dinner!

Amber M. said...

YUMMY!

We're making handprint lambs for joy school today...thanks for sharing that idea!

Are You Serious! said...

♥ It sounds good. I might have to give it a whirl! :)

Melanie said...

That sounds SOOOOOO good!

Aimee said...

WOW! That sounds AND looks great! I'm gonna have to try that one! :) Also, I'm on the Steering Team for MOPS at my church, and I was just wondering what kind of a consignment sale you guys do. If you hae time, you could e-mail me with the info. Thanks

Jenn said...

Thanks for the recipe - sounds great.

Good Luck on the MOPS consignment sale. I have never gone through one, but my best friend has done plenty. I know how crazy they can be. Hope it is not too hectic for you. :o)

Sandra said...

This looks SO good...thank you for sharing :)

Kristi said...

How neat that your husband is a veterinarian, too? I feel like I am throwing off your comments by talking about something irrevelant... HA! I know that you work hard with your 4 kids, because he is busy! Maybe we could trade funny clinic stories one day - every veterinarian has some.... :) LOL

Kristi said...

Errie... Where did you work in Macon? I lived there for 16 years...

The Boyds Family said...

Mmmm....I'm starving! Thanks for sharing.

Don Mills Diva said...

That sounds awesome - definitely a salad I can get behind!

Pam said...

Hmm, I wonder where you got that recipe...

I really DOES taste just like a cheeseburger, and I am thrilled to see that you went and made it at home! Glad that you got something out of my party besides a good time and the chance to buy more PC stuff!

Christine said...

This looks wonderful. MOPS is a great organization.

*carrie* said...

Can that truly be called a salad?! =)

I thought of you when posting that little flower craft--it doesn't surprise me you'd already seen it!

Amy said...

Holy cow! That looks sooooooo yummy! Thanks for the idea!

Ann(ie) said...

um, hello!!!!! I must try.

Real World Martha said...

I am a first timer to your site and enjoyed looking at your crafts and such. I will have to be back. I enjoy sharing all sorts of ideas and such on my blog so feel free to stop by and drop ideas if you want.
I am a PChef Consultant and loved this salad. It's gone over very well. It's a big hit!
Debbie aka The Real World Martha(S)
http://realworldmartha.wordpress.com