Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Bottle Octopus

Colton and I made this Octopus Caddie today.

You will need: 7 UP bottle (if you have a clear bottle you can paint it using Paint for Plastic by Plaid), 2 large Pom-poms, chenille stems ( I used 14), construction paper (black, white and red), glue, scissors, marker and googly eyes (optional).
Cut the bottle in half (my bottle got pushed in, my husband does not always see the craft potential in every day objects, and I did not want to drink another bottle of 7 UP). Take the chenille stems and twist them and curl them, I did double some of them to make them look thicker. Glue them to the bottom of the bottle. Glue on pom poms and attach black and white circles cut from the construction paper
and glue on googly eyes. Last, glue on red circles for cheeks and draw on mouth with marker.
Now it can be a marker caddie.



post signature

11 comments:

Melanie said...

That is incredibly cute! Love it.

Andrea said...

How cute...AND I just happen to have a few empty bottles sitting around! :)

Melissa said...

That is genius ans totally adorable. Way to recycle, Jen!

Amber M. said...

My goodness, that is so cute!

Family Adventure said...

That is GREAT! Just looking at that first picture made me smile :)

Heidi

Christine said...

You are so creative! That is so cute!

MamaGeek said...

Okay stop it. WHERE DO you come up with these awesome ideas? You truly blow me away. I'm not kidding when I say you should write a book! I have more posts of yours bookmarked than anybody elses!

Pam said...

Ashlyn would love that! Very cute!

Jennifer said...

adorable

Adelia said...

Oh, my goodness, it never stops does it? The fantasticness never stops! Thanks for all the fun ideas!

Amy said...

You are so cute...oh, and so is your craft! Great job!