Thursday, April 24, 2008

Craft and a Recipe

Paper Penguin


You will need: construction paper, glue and wiggly eyes (optional).








Cut the construction paper in correct shapes.
Large oval for the body, circle for the head, rounded triangle for the beak, wings and feet.








Allow kids to glue pieces in the right place.


I love Colton's, he added an the egg for the penguin to sit on. I guess he does listen when I read or maybe he just learned it on T.V..
This is a craft from Crafty Kids by Rosie Hankin.
Marinated Baked Chicken (I also grill this chicken)

It is another strange combo but it tastes good.
1/2 cup Italian salad dressing
1/2 cup Soy sauce ( I use 1/4 cup because the soy sauce is a little salty for us, even the Lite)
6 in bone-in-bone chicken (when I grill it I use boneless skinless)
1/8 teaspoon onion salt
1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
In measuring cup, combine salad dressing and soy sauce. Pour 3/4 cup into large resealable plastic bag; add chicken. Seal the bag and turn to coat, refrigerate 4 hours or overnight, turning several times. Refrigerate remaining marinade for basting.
Drain chicken, discard marinade. Place chicken , skin side up, on rack in a roasting pan. Sprinkle with onion salt and garlic salt. Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 45-60 minutes or until juice run clear and meat thermometer reads 170 degrees, brushing occasionally with reserved marinade.
Or I just grill it until it is done.
This recipe is from Taste of Homes.

post signature

8 comments:

MamaGeek said...

Okay, this one, although FANTASTIC and seriously cute, is way beyond my pathetic abilities.

That penguin is just all sorts of cute.

Brittany said...

Oh I love me some penguins!

Pam said...

another cute craft! And you know I love recipes!

Are You Serious! said...

♥ Very cute! My kids are loving penguins lately!

Beth said...

That chicken sounds delish!

Melissa said...

The chicken sounds yummy. I'll have to give that a try.

Amy said...

That chicken sound so yummy- bookmarking the recipe! Thanks!

Andrea said...

haha...I love the little egg under the 2nd one! Too cute. :)