Saturday, April 12, 2008

My New Hobby

I have a new hobby. Saving money !! I have become addicted. I go to different money saving blogs ,like Money Saving Mom, and learn about a bunch of great deals using coupons and rebates.
I have done it for a few weeks and now I am hooked. I love getting good deals and I love saving money and sometimes I even make money.
On this trip to CVS I got:

5 Excedrins (the picture shows 6 I bought the 6th another time, but got the same deal)

That was a great deal : Excedrins on sale for $1.99 had a coupon for $2.00 off and got $1 back in ECB's for next time I shop. So I made $1 on each box.

4 Sunsilks $3.49 each

deodorant $2.50

Frebreeze Noticeables 6.99

2 Frebreeze Sprays 2/$5.00

2 Cover Girl True Blend ( show 3 but I bought that another time) $ 9.49 each


Total: $ 57.38


With coupon and ECB's from last week I spent $ 4.32 (including tax) and I got $28 back to spend next time. Yeah !!!
The CVS pain reliever was also free.

This is just one of the great deals I got just this week.


Using these great deals I plan to not spend money on deodorants, razors, make-up (fortunately I am not picky when it comes to my make up), shampoo, air fresheners, toothpaste, tooth brushes, lotions and pain relievers. I also get great deals on cereals.


Money Saving Mom and other great blogs also show you great deals at grocery stores. I now save a lot on my grocery bill every week.
She also showed me how to make this great coupon box which has made the whole thing a lot easier. It has been worth the time it took to make it. My daughter hates that I carry it around wth me everywhere go, but oh well.
With the way groceries are going up all the time, I think a lot of us would love to save money if we can.
I am not going to pretend that this has been easy to learn the system, but every week I get better and I get more deals every week.

post signature

24 comments:

Family Adventure said...

Good job, Jennifer! I am very impressed, because I am a lousy deal-getter. I pretty much pay top prices all the time. Drives my husband crazy! So I'll be taking notes from now on!

Happy weekend to you - Heidi

Sheila said...

There isn't a CVS within 200 miles of where I live. I'm confused. I thought you lived in Washington, too?

jennwa said...

I live in North Carolina. But you can get deals at Walgreen's and Rite Aid.

Pam said...

Wow! That is impressive! I'll have to check that out- though I am not sure how close those stores are to me. Doesn't hurt to look though!

*carrie* said...

That's funny. I also thought you lived in Washington!

Anyway, we're not near Walgreens or CVS, but I do like blogs like MSM for other deals and coupons. I agree--saving money is a fun hobby!

Melissa said...

I so need a CVS. Thankfully they are building one close to me!! I read a couple of blogs that are doing the coupon thing and it amazes me how much stuff you can get for so little money.

Maggie said...

I love some great deal shopping - I hit CVS and Walgreens every week, although I never think to take a picture of all my great deals. I agree that it is TOTALLY addicting. And fun...because who doesn't love free stuff?

Jennifer said...

it is addicting, isn't it? kinda like blogging!

Mari said...

I'm impressed! I'll have to check that site out. We have a Walgreens near us.

Andrea said...

Ohhh, I am definitely with you on this one. I love saving money any chance I get. :)

Brittany said...

I also partake in this hobby...and it is Amazingly fun!! :)

Kristi said...

I don't believe that your mind ever stops working! I am going to drop by that website - thanks for sharing!

Kristi said...

What is that blog address?

4funboys said...

I tried this too... but I'm not organized enough!

The time it takes to save money is hard to justify.

Don Mills Diva said...

This is definitely a habit I need to get into - I wish we had all those kind of coupon deals here in Canada...

Aimee said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Money Saving Mom, and CVS! How do they stay in business with moms like us!?!?!;)

Sandra said...

You're my new hero :)

Melanie said...

WOW! You've inspired me to go through my Sunday fliers so I can save lots of money (or even make some) like you did! I am so impressed.

Our Happy Happenings
Livin' With Me

Pam said...

Super job, Jennifer! I knew you would love the deals when you got the hang of it!

Are You Serious! said...

♥ That's awesome! I love a good deal! If we had a CVS... That would be awesome!!! I'm always seeing great deals there...

Chrissy said...

I've been seeing posts like these around but never really got it...I think I'll have to check it out now. Just seems to good to be true. Free stuff? What's the catch?

Amy said...

You call it your hobby, we call it an addiction over here. I seriously could make a fortress out of toothpaste :) I am so proud of you- way to go!

Lauren@Baseballs&Bows said...

Good for you! I always get so excited about saving money!

Jenn said...

My friend visits the Money saving Mom blog several times a day. She is addicted to the CVS game (as she calls it). Here is another blog you might like to check out http://bargainshopperlady.com/.

Good for you saving money! I need to do a better job of bargain shopping. Keep us posted on how you are doing. Thanks for inspiring me.