Thursday, April 3, 2008

Peanut Art


I know this is a strange craft but my children found a bag of peanuts in my pantry and wanted to make a craft. So we made a peanut monkey picture, a peanut doll and a P-Rex.


Even though it sounds odd my kids really enjoyed these crafts so I thought I would share it, maybe your kids will like it too.
You will need: construction paper, glue, peanuts with shells, markers, pipestem cleaners, cotton balls, scissors and markers.


First tear the brown paper in strips for tree trunks and glue to paper.







Then rip green construction paper into strips and glue to paper for leaves.







Glue on yellow pipe stem cleaners for bananas and cotton balls for clouds.







Decorate face on peanut for monkey and glue on peanut. Use brown pipestem stem cleaners for arms, legs and tail or you can just draw those on with markers. I glued on wiggly eyes on this one but you can just draw the eyes on with a marker.





Taa Daa:


Here is our Peanut Doll:
And here is the P-Rex.


post signature

14 comments:

Family O'Foxes said...

you have such a great imagination!!! :)
~Amy

Pam said...

I love how your kids have learned from you that you can make a craft out of ANYTHING!

Marie said...

Can I come and make crafts with you? Darn, you are creative!

Are You Serious! said...

♥ Those are so cute! How funny!

Kelli said...

You can think up anything with what ever they find. Really they are testing your thinking abilities. hehe. They will look back on there childhood and remember all the crafts they did. Your wonderful. I love your blog and look forward everytime I see a new post to see what your doing now.
thanks

Aimee said...

You are so creative!!! Great craft idea!

Beth said...

Looks like fun but we won't be able to try this one. :(

Maggie said...

Now that is totally adorable! I think it might be one of my favorites that you have done!

Melissa said...

P-Rex...hysterical!!

Kristi said...

Aside from the cute craft - I noticed that you look to have the same granite countertops that we have - New Venetian Gold?

Andrea said...

haha...those peanut crafts are awesome...I love the P-rex! :)

Jennifer said...

i think they are very cute!

Joanna said...

Okay all my comments are just saying - that is so stinking cute!! Should I just put ditto or you know? :)

My Ice Cream Diary said...

Oh my goodness those are so cute. They make me want to go out and buy peanuts right now. I especially love the bananas.