Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Plastic Bowl Crab

For rainy day craft ideas that Toddlers can do, I found a great book at the library. It is Crafty Kids, Fun Projects for You and Your Toddler by Rosie Hankin. It had a lot of fun and easy projects that your kids will love to do. Doing crafts with my kids ,works for me, for other great Works For Me ideas go to Rocks In My Dryer.
Here is on example of the books idea. Plastic Bowl Crab.


You will need: glue, scissors, construction paper, small plastic or paper bowl, orange paint, and paint brush.







1. Paint the bowl.
2. Cut out 2 pincers and 8 legs.
3.Cut out eyes or use wiggly eyes. Cut out a smile for the mouth.
3. Glue on legs,mouth and eyes.
For older children:
-Make some seaweed out of green crepe paper: glue it on the background before you glue on your crab.





post signature

11 comments:

Family Adventure said...

Love those colours. Just the thing I needed to look at to brighten up a wet and dreary day!

Happy Wednesday! Heidi

Andrea said...

Cute, cute, cute!!

Beth said...

Very cute!

Amber M. said...

Another winner from Miss Jennifer! You are a constant inspiration.

Ellen said...

What a neat craft idea. I like how it uses basic craft supplies.

Are You Serious! said...

♥ Too cute!

Kareer Woman said...

How incredibly creative, very cute!

Jennifer said...

I would love to use that for preschool.

Life In Progress said...

My 4-year-old would just love this craft. Thanks!

Melanie said...

I have got to get this book! Such great ideas.

Livin' With Me

Corey~living and loving said...

aw yes....another great craft. :)

hope all is well for you.