Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Pre-School Seasons Craft


I am still alive but really tired, so I am having a hard time staying awake to do all the things I need to do in a day. But I am definitely feeling better.

My 2 youngest and I did manage to do a craft today. I like this one because you can use it to teach the 4 seasons.

You will need: 18in x 12in construction paper, scissors, foam paint brush, paint ( brown, white, green and pink), glue, colored construction paper (orange, red and/ or yellow), and paint brushes.


I pre-cut leaves so the kids only have to glue them on.



I folded the construction paper in 4 equal sections. Then applied a thin coat of brown paint to the kid's arm and hand using the foam paint brush. And gently pushed their arm and hand on to the paper. Repeat 3 more times.





Then start decorating each tree a different season.

Summer- glued on lots of green leaves.


Fall- glued on different colored leaves, some falling.


Winter- use the not brush end of a paint brush to make snow flakes. Dip the tip into white paint and dot all over. Paint white on the bottom.

Spring- use the tip of the paint brush and dip in green and pink,dot over the paper to look like buds.

Here are our finished masterpieces:






post signature

13 comments:

Beth said...

I love this craft! Another simple one that I might actually be able to get the kids to participate in until the very end!

Lauren@Baseballs&Bows said...

Adorable. I am amazed at your wonderful ideas!

Melissa said...

That is such a cute idea!

Brittany said...

Ohh love these! Adam loves making prints of his hands and arms!

Are You Serious! said...

♥ Cute! Anything with paint is a go for my kids. They love getting messy!

Pam said...

Great craft! Missed you at MOPS yesterday. Hope you are completely well soon. I know it takes a while.

Kelli said...

even when your sick you have great ideas. I love this one and am going to do it. my 2nd two are 2, next week and 3.5 so they will need a bit of help.

Michie said...

That's a cute one! I hope you start feeling better soon. I've missed "seeing" you around!

Andrea said...

I'm glad you're starting to feel better! And what a cute craft! I bet my son would LOVE this one!

Bonnie said...

Oh my goodness ! These are adorable! (as if they'd be anything else ... every craft you do with your kids is adorable !!)

Hope you are feeling 100% soon !

Kristi said...

I really like this one...

My Ice Cream Diary said...

I really wish I had seen this a couple weeks ago when I was teaching a preschool class about the seasons (I used your handprint lamb idea in the same class).

The Dancy Family said...

Love this craft! We are learning about seasons this week in my daughter's preschool & I think they'll really enjoy this craft to help reinforce their learning www.montessoristory.blogspot.com if you want to check our preschool out.
Thanks for the fun idea.