Thursday, April 3, 2008

Slow Cooker Thursday - Tangy Pork Chops

Tangy Pork Chops
From Fix it and Forget it 5 Ingredient Favorites

This sauce make wonderful meatballs and wonderful pork chops too. I love this sauce, even though it is a weird combo it taste delicious. I have even made it with chicken.

Seasoning salt to taste
pepper to taste
4 thick cut pork chop loin chops or 6 thinner chops
1 cup grape jelly
1 bottle prepared chili sauce

1. Rub pork chops with seasoning salt and pepper on both sides. Place chops in slow cooker.

2. In a small bowl, combine jelly and chili sauce. Spoon over chops. (if the chops need to be stacked in order to fit into your cooker, make sure each chop is covered with sauce.)

3. Cover and cook on Low for 4-5 hours, or until meat is tender but not dry.

Go to Sandra's blog, Diary of a Stay at Home Mom for more recipes.

post signature

16 comments:

MJ said...

I have seen this for meatballs... on pork is new to me, buut sounds good. Thanks for sharing !

my recipe is at http://mjpuzzlemom.wordpress.com

MJ

Brittany said...

yum yum yum yum yum!

Ribbon Rock Star said...

YUMMMMM!!

Linda

Family Adventure said...

...and it doesn't even look that hard. I am definitely giving this a try!

Thanks :)

Heidi

Mari said...

I bet this is good. I have a recipe that is similar for meatballs, but never thought of using it for pork. Thanks for sharing.

MamaGeek said...

LOVE IT. I'm a crock pot junkie myself so I bookmarked this! Hope you're feeling much better. You were missed!

Jared said...

These porkchops sound great. It's really amazing how everything comes out so well in the crockpot. Love the combination of the savory meat, spicy sauce and sweet grape jelly. Sounds like this recipe could be applied to chicken quite easily as well.

Sandra said...

YUM, this looks great :)

Michelle said...

that looks so good :) thanks for sharing & thanks for the prayers you're saying for the family as well as the blog visit..have a great weekend,

Amber M. said...

These look DIVINE. I'll be trying these on Sunday. Thanks!

Jen said...

Those sound great...I use some of those ingredients for meatballs at Christmas.

Melanie said...

That sounds soooo easy. I love recipes with so few ingredients.

My Ice Cream Diary said...

Never heard of this for chops but it sounds yummy. I love crockpot recipes that don't require any chopping.

The Apron Queen said...

This sounds easy & delicious! My kinda food!

For your daily dose of vintage goodness & a bit of silliness, stop by Confessions of an Apron Queen, the home of Vintage Thingies Thursdays.

4funboys said...

we're trying this tonight... and I have a picture that I want to email you!

Thanks for the great ideas...
rachel...

and 4 boys who are GREAT fans of yours!

Don Mills Diva said...

Ummm - I have never tried pork chops in the slow cooker - sounds yummy!