Monday, April 14, 2008

Tomato Vodka Pasta

Do not let the Vodka scare you, this is a great recipe. I got it from my friend, Lisa who made it for our book club meeting. It is awsome. We all asked for the recipe. It is good, easy and fast to make.

Tomato Vodka Pasta

2Tbsp Olive Oil

4 cloves garlic, chopped

6 oz. sliced thin proscuitto or Canadian bacon

3 green onions, thinly sliced
1/2 tsp ground red pepper (cayenne)

1/4 cup vodka

1 can (28oz) crushed tomatoes

3/4 cup heavy cream

1 lb Penne noodles

Heat oil over low heat. Add garlic- cook 8 minutes.Add prosciutto, onion, pepper and vodka. Cook 4 minutes, over medium heat. Add tomatoes,cook 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add cream, cook 3 minutes. Meanwhile cook Penne. Drain well. Toss with vodka sauce.

post signature


tommie said...

That does look good! But pasta in general looks good...sounds like a fun reading group.

Maggie said...

Vodka? Scare me?! That's the reason it sounds so good!


Family Adventure said...

Mmmm...I've had this before, but haven't actually seen a recipe before now. Thanks :)


Are You Serious! said...

♥ I saw that same type of recipe on PBS a couple of weeks ago. :)

Melanie said...

Is there something that can be used instead of the Vodka? We don't drink at all. It looks soooo yummy!

MamaGeek said...

I LOVE THIS! I just printed it and am going to try it next week.

Dang you're good! And I LOVE that bird feeder idea too.

So when is the book coming out? :)

Kelli said...

can we eat it at work. Just kidding, I know the alcohol cooks out.

Beth said...

Ya'll, Jennifer is right! This dish was delicious. Make it. Tonight.

Jenn said...

I love vodka tomato sauce, but I have never made it at home (just had it at restaurants). I am going to save this one. I think I can make it WW friendly. Yum- I can not wait to try it. Thanks Jennifer. :o)

Amy said...

I love this dish (never thought to put meat in it) and have served it as a side with steak. It is to die for, but my weird family doesn't like it. I have to eat the whole thing by myself...wait, is that a bad thing? :)

Jen said...

I love cooking with Vodka...thanks for the recipe.