Saturday, May 17, 2008

Bug Jars and Color Coded Treasure Hunt





My kids love to collect bugs, so we decorated our own bug jars.

We used plastic jars, glue gun or foam glue, foam sheets, scissors, black sharpy marker and wiggly eyes.














This is our lady bug jar for the girls.


















The bee jar for the boys.
















My kids loved this activity. I saw it in Family fun magazine and they had so much fun. Just take an egg carton and paint each section a color. The kids need to go out and find a nature items that matches the color.

We also played it inside, they had to find small toys that matched the colors.

I would think would make a great party game too. This is one that is definitely worth doing.






post signature

11 comments:

Amber M. said...

LOVE the color-coded treasure hunt idea...

Family O'Foxes said...

too cute!!!
~Amy

Brittany said...

LOVE the bug jars!!! :)

Melissa said...

Great ideas! I'm so using the bug jar!

Beth said...

I love the picture of your kids! I could just squeeze em all!

Amy said...

Your kids are so stinking cute. I love the bug jar idea too!

Amy said...

Your kids are so stinking cute. I love the bug jar idea too!

MamaGeek said...

I'm sincere when I say I LOVE LOVE LOVE this idea. You have GOT to be the funnest Mom EVER.

And you're kids are oh so cute.

Jessica said...

What a cute idea. I love your blog! You have so many great craft ideas. Thanks for sharing!

Jennifer said...

what a cute family!

Jenn said...

Bug jars are a great idea for lighting bugs. We love to catch them in the summer.

By the way love the last picture of your kiddos.