Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Works For Me Wednesday - Kid's Snack














My kids get sick of having sandwiches everyday, so I try to make lunches a little different. Today we made snail roll -ups. Just take a tortilla layer meat and cheese on it and roll it up tightly. Cut in rolls. Cut a pickle in half on an angle, so the tortilla fits up on it. Take a toothpick and poke two holes in the pickle for the antennae. I used a little piece of broccoli sprigs for the antennae.

I also like making apple frogs. I have posted about them before. For directions you can go here.






These are things That Work For Me to make lunch time a little more fun. For other Works For Me ideas you can go to Rocks In My Dryer.

post signature

15 comments:

Corey~living and loving said...

You are such a fun mom. I always thought I would make fun meals for my sugar....but so far....Haven't done it. sigh....

MamaGeek said...

JENN, will you be my foster Mom?

You ALWAYS have the most creative ideas! Seriously, do you know you can create a hardcover blog book? You should SO do it with all these fantastic ideas.

Simply Wow.

Brittany said...

Everything you make is SO cute!!! Love the ideas, thanks!!

Melanie said...

Those are sooo cute!!!

Beth said...

I can't wait to try these!

mom_of2boys said...

What a great idea! I have such picky eaters they might go for these. I'll have to give them a try.

Maggie said...

Oh my goodness, you don't just make crafts, but you make crafty FOOD too?! You are AMAZING!

Motherhood for Dummies said...

oh that wrap is seriously cute!!!! I am going to make those for me and my husband!

Renee' said...

Okay, you have my vote for Ultimate Mom! Grea ideals! Can I come over and play?

The Book Lady Online said...

How adorable! I'd love to try these with my picky eater. Thanks for the great ideas :o)

Lori

Beloved MaMa said...

this is so fun... you are a wealth of ideas!!! I love it!!!

Amy said...

How did you get so cool? You will have to share your secrets!

McMommy said...

This is my first post...and I must declare my love for you! A SNAIL SANDWICH??? You are brilliant! My boys are going to be LOVING this!!!

Steph said...

You have to be the coolest most creative mom I know.... well kinda know LOL

Jenn said...

Those are so stinking cute!!!! Your kids must have the greatest memories. When is the book coming out? ;o)

I am going to make them this summer. Thanks!