Monday, June 9, 2008

Congrats To My Kids and Perler Beads

If you want your kids to do a craft, but you do not want to do any prep work, perler beads are fun. Wal-Mart had some on clearance and we spent all afternoon making all sorts of things. I have never done these but they were a lot of fun.

You buy the kit and you make a design on a perler pegboard. Then you iron it to keep the design together.

These are the girls designs.

The bug designs.

The boys alien designs.

Colton's designs.

I would also like to congratulate my kids on their awards they received at school today. Caity received 2 reading awards.
Cody received a perfect attendance award. He did not miss one day of school, the whole school year.
Way to go guys, I am so very proud of you!!!!!!

post signature


Family O'Foxes said...

congratulations!!! those are awesome awards. good job!

Maggie said...

Congrats to them - what great awards!

Brittany said...

Congrats on the awards!!!

Great craft! I used to love those as a kid!

E and T said...

Those beads look like a great activity. The girls came up with some very colourful creations. The bugs are fantastic and the boys didn't disappoint with their aliens. I love the variety of things that Colton made.

Congratulation on Caity's two reading awards and Cody's perfect attendance award. Well done to them both!


Amber M. said...

Woo-hoo to the kiddos!

I posted about your great rice crispy worms tonight...

Stacia said...

Great job on those awards!! Perfect attendence!?! That is awesome...I never got perfect attendence :-}

Beth (A Mom's Life) said...

Congratulations to Caity and Cody!

And I am still not getting your feed on Bloglines. Is anyone else having this problem or is it just me.

Doesn't Bloglines know that I'm your BFF??

Melanie said...

I'll have to wait a couple of years to try this one out, but it is a cute idea!

Congrats on the awards!!

Livin' With Me

My Goodness said...

Great job, kids! :)

Michelle said...

must check those out...way to go kids ;-)