Thursday, June 12, 2008

Kids Cooking In The Kitchen- Corndog Muffin


Let me start off by saying I do not always have the most patients for cooking with my kids. But I am trying to keep up with my motto, "More work for them and less for me."
This is an easy kid recipe that I got from my friend Beth that tastes good.




Ingredients:
2 (8.5 oz) packages of cornbread mix
2 Tbs Brown Sugar
2 eggs
1 1/2 cups of milk
1 cup grated cheese
9 hot dogs, cut in pieces

1.Preheat oven 400 degrees



2. Stir together cornbread mix and brown sugar in a large bowl.
3.Whisk the eggs and milk in a small bowl until smooth.


4. Fold the eggs, milk, hot dogs and cheese into the dry mix until moistened.
5. Spoon mixture into muffins tins until 2/3 full.
6. Bake 14 to 18 minutes.



Boys cut the hot dogs.


Cody grated the cheese.







Cody peeled and cut a cucumber for a salad.
Then we made brownies for dessert.










post signature

10 comments:

Andrea said...

I love cooking with my son...mainly because he LOVES it so much. :) And although he does make more a of a mess sometimes, he actually can be a big help too! It's weird how much help a 1 1/2 year old can be! haha. :) The recipe sounds great by the way!

Corey~living and loving said...

oh wow. That looks yummy for sure!

Brittany said...

uh uh. Put those kids to WORK! lol

We have made something like this before. They ARE yummy!

Beth (A Mom's Life) said...

Your friend Beth has some great recipes! :)

4funboys said...

I love cooking with the boys too... it's one of the things I like about the summer... having the time to do it "with them," instead of just "for them."

Renee' said...

This looks great! I think we'll bake these for my hubby for Sunday...he loves corndogs in any form. Have a great weekend.

Michelle said...

oh those look good... ;-)thanks for the recipe and blog visit..

CelticMommy said...

Okay, I think this is going to be lunch today... so creative!!

kawaii crafter said...

What a great recipe, I bookmarked this one. :) Can't wait to try it with my kids.

Ribbon Rock Star said...

I just featured you over at http://mytrendytykes.blogspot.com .

I love this idea!

Linda